Google Drive replacement options

Alright so I have been trying to find a replacement for google drive for a while but I've had some issues with trying to replace some functionality of Google Drive. 

All I really want to be able to do is to host files on a server locally, then be able to create a link to either the file itself or to a folder that has files in it, then be able to send people that link in order for them to download it. I know that if I have a server setup to be accessed remotely I could always have people login and find the files they want and download them, but I work with a lot of non tech savvy people who would not be able to navigate that kind of structure, and Google Drive's ability for me to just create a link for them to click is something I couldn't do without.

If anyone knows of a NAS OS or anything like that that has this capability it would be greatly appreciated

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

8 minutes ago, PC_Man18 said:

You can check out NextCloud, it's a self-hosted file sharing platform. 

Yeah I have looked into NextCloud before, but as far as I could tell any user that I sent a link to would have to login to a NextCloud account and possibly have to do some sort of file navigation. Ideally a replacement solution would have me be able to send a user a link, the click the link, and then click a download button. Even just doing that is a bit difficult for some users...

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂