How I fixed random blue-screens (supposedly caused by ndu.sys)

TL;DR, it was Corsair's software making the bluescreens which were supposedly caused by ndu.sys and any other drivers.

So I was having an issue with random bluescreens about once or twice a week for quite some time, 

Any time i ran the WinDbg tool (Windows memory dump analysis tool) it would tell me that a driver caused the issue, usually it would tell me it was Ndu.sys (network driver).

image.png.99604a327dca1e7ad42358baeed855d8.png

Now most tutorials would tell you to run the command “sfc /scannow” and then re-install your drivers,

But this never really fixed anything for me. 

But I had a hunch, and that hunch turned out to be correct.

I've been having problems with Corsair iCUE causing memory errors, conflicting with my sound card drivers (an ASUS Xonar DX), and I have to guess that the iCUE software messes with a lot of things it really shouldn't. 

pXfYmvz.png

Previously I had Corsair Link and iCUE installed to control all the Corsair parts in my PC (RM1000 PSU, K95 RGB keyboard, M65 mouse, Commander Mini and H110i watercooler) 

(the old Corsair Link software is needed as Corsair doesn't even bother to support their own hardware with their iCUE software).

So what I've done is uninstall the Corsair iCUE and Corsair Link software, 

And for the last month there's been no bluescreens.

Thats all, nothing else changed, no windows updates, no change in hardware or peripherals, just the Corsair iCUE and Link software uninstalled and the bluescreens are gone. 

Which raises the question, why/how the hell is iCUE messing with the network drivers, sound drivers, graphics drivers and storage drivers?

Since finding out it was Corsair causing all my issues, and their complete lack of wanting to fix the problems with their software, I've lost a lot of trust in that company. 

Which is a shame as the hardware is quite good, just let down by flakey bloatware.

So if anyone has corsair software installed and is getting a driver/ndu.sys related bluescreen, just try uninstalling the Corsair software. it worked for me.

I don't think ndu.sys has anything to do with icue. It sounds like a ram / memory issue. Maybe run memtest86 to check for errors.

Memory test was fine, that was the first thing i tried.

It wasn't just ndu.sys , only that driver was the most affected, some of the blue screens were from the other drivers being affected also.

• 10 months later...

I had/have the same issue. I have a desktop pc in my office that I connected a K95 rgb keyboard to, and then installed icue, stated having BSODs. I originally thought "oh no, bad ram, cpu, or other pc hardware issue" but the only variable that changed was the rgb keyboard and software. The pc worked fine for months before that. I uninstalled icue, and no bsod, but I still want to control the lighting, so I installed signalrgb universal rgb software, and I thought that worked but no. I turned off the lights on the keyboard, and everything is fine, no blue screen. Today I tried just running a solid color with no rgb animation. I'll let you know in a couple days if that works.