Cpu and Motherboard Upgrade

Hello!

What cpu and motherboard do you recommend?

Currently: i7 8700 and MSI B360M Pro-VH

Using this pc mainly for gaming. But I study on the pc.

Want to liquid cool later on.

Go with AMD or stay with Intel?

My pc: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GwJkLs

What is your reason for wanting to upgrade?
you are gpu bottlenecked so if you are going to upgrade anything it should be the gpu

Hope my response helps 🙂 

GPU MSI Gaming Ventus OC RTX 2060 CPU Intel Core i5-12600k Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X Memory Crucial DDR5 4800 Storage Western Digital SN850 500gb | PSU Corsair RM650x (2018) | CPU cooler Corsair H150i Elite Capellix Monitor MSI  Mouse Logitech G305 White Keyboard Royal Kludge RK61 (Cherry MX Reds) | Headset Logitech G533 |

4 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

What are you using the computer for that makes you want to upgrade? For gaming, the 8700 is not going to be the performance limiting component when your graphics card is just a 1060 6GB.

Mainly for gaming.

1 minute ago, Michael2 said:

What is your reason for wanting to upgrade?
you are gpu bottlenecked so if you are going to upgrade anything it should be the gpu

Gaming and web browsing.

10 minutes ago, GroovyFN said:

Hello!

What cpu and motherboard do you recommend?

Currently: i7 8700 and MSI B360M Pro-VH

Go with AMD or stay with Intel?

My pc: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GwJkLs

Do you plan on doing the GPU at a later date?  If so it may be prudent to wait on a CPU upgrade too.  by the time GPUs are at a sensible level again DDR5 will be nice and muture and you'll have options on both the AMD side and Intel side for it.  I'm with the two guys up above.  you're 8700 is MORE than enough for your 1060 6GB and you won't see much of a jump from say a 12600k or a 5600X

Edit:

Just put the money to one side and add to it for the next 6 - 12 months.  You'll find you have a lot more options then

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

1 minute ago, GroovyFN said:

Gaming and web browsing.

Would definitely upgrade the GPU, maybe something like a RX6600 or 6600xt since they seem to be decent value at the moment 

Hope my response helps 🙂 

GPU MSI Gaming Ventus OC RTX 2060 CPU Intel Core i5-12600k Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X Memory Crucial DDR5 4800 Storage Western Digital SN850 500gb | PSU Corsair RM650x (2018) | CPU cooler Corsair H150i Elite Capellix Monitor MSI  Mouse Logitech G305 White Keyboard Royal Kludge RK61 (Cherry MX Reds) | Headset Logitech G533 |

1 minute ago, GroovyFN said:

Gaming and web browsing.

If these are the use cases, then you should be set for now. The 8700 is basically as good as the 10400, if not a bit better, and I don't think anyone here would tell a 10400+1060 owner to upgrade the CPU for gaming.

Is there a game that you think is held back by the CPU?

2 minutes ago, SimplyChunk said:

Do you plan on doing the GPU at a later date?  If so it may be prudent to wait on a CPU upgrade too.  by the time GPUs are at a sensible level again DDR5 will be nice and muture and you'll have options on both the AMD side and Intel side for it.  I'm with the two guys up above.  you're 8700 is MORE than enough for your 1060 6GB and you won't see much of a jump from say a 12600k or a 5600X

Edit:

Just put the money to one side and add to it for the next 6 - 12 months.  You'll find you have a lot more options then

Gpu, yes for later. When gpu market is going to better. Living in Europe.

8700 is perfectly fine so if its not holding you back when gaming or whatever you do then no reason to upgrade it, esp when you are on a 1060

Also watercooling is useless unless you have a 12900k or something that needs a beefy aio to even keep it cool not to mention quiet, usually a beefy aircooler is enough for maximum quietness.

If you are trying to overclock then dont bother unless you wanna attatch a car radiator to your pc, youll only get meaningful overclocks on lower end cpus, even then watercooling wont make a diff unless you attatch a car radiator and run 60c or less at all times

21 minutes ago, GroovyFN said:

I'd rather recommend RX 6600 XT for the same price (might even be lower) or if you could increase the budget ~220€ - RTX 3070Ti
Link

I edit my posts more often than not