Ethernet goes down when downloading, need assistance.

Nickogn

Hello, I have a big issue with my internet on my pc for some months now(it got much worse now) and I can't figure out what is the problem.

So first of all, I have my normal ethernet connection and when I download something heavy or a torrent with many peers, my internet gets unstable and disconnect and reconnects, I have tried changing the cable and router ports, and other PCs don't have any issue. So it must be something going on with my PC I figured and got an ethernet to usb to try it out.. And again when I download a torrent with many peers it happens again, but this time it crashes the devices on the same usb hubs too 😕 . I did notice on the task manager, that when this happens the task manager freezes for a bit and then ethernet disappears, CPU gets to 100% and disk 1 that I have the torrent manager and disk 2 that is where the file is being stored start spiking for a bit, not reaching 100% though, and then ethernet and usb hubs connects again, after some minutes(3 max) it happens again. I can't figure what is going on, I tried updating my network drivers with many different versions, but the same issue remains. I also have tried a usb wifi connected to the router and data, and the same thing happens again. My power supply is more than enough, I have a gtx950, fx6300 and 650W bronze corsair psu. But my PC is quite old, about 7-9 years, and maybe there is something wrong with the hardware that I don't know of.

I also must add another problem that it may be connected with this one. For years now before I had a problem with my net, my PC needs 2 tries to boot. When I boot it it gets worked up but nothing is happening and it doesn't do any bleep sound, if If I force it to shutdown and turn it on again, it bleeps and boots as it should. For that I have tried using different RAMs on different slots and setting the BIOS on default and even updating it to many different versions. Is it maybe a psu or a motherboard issue?

Any help is appreciated 😕 .

This issue could be a result of Windows (if you're running Windows, you didn't mention the OS you're running) being semi-broken or the torrenting program you use. For Windows I recommend that you use qBittorrent. For Linux I recommend ruTorrent. Try use one of those programs and see if that helps.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

This issue could be a result of Windows (if you're running Windows, you didn't mention the OS you're running) being semi-broken or the torrenting program you use. For Windows I recommend that you use qBittorrent. For Linux I recommend ruTorrent. Try use one of those programs and see if that helps.

Ah yes forgot to mention it, I am using Windows with qBittorrent, but I have tried different managers, that's not it. But indeed I haven't done any format in years, that may be it, but it will be very troublesome.