What used phone should I get in 2022?

ToasterBoogaloo

I don't have a lot of budget but I'm trying to get a new phone, I'm planning to get a Note 9, S10e, or iPhone or some sort, which or what phone should I get and is it gonna be durable and usable for the next 4 years? what drawbacks should I expect from it? or maybe should I better off buying a new mid range phone?

What is your budget? You can often find a similar if not better phone new for their prices and the battery won't be completly dead.

If you want it to last, an iPhone would have years of support, and the hardware won’t feel old for Until you start losing software support

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

On 2/23/2022 at 9:40 PM, jaslion said:

What is your budget? You can often find a similar if not better phone new for their prices and the battery won't be completly dead.

like 250ish usd? it's like 3,9m idr for me, i found some used note 9 some people say its still good but im just asking around for an alternative

On 2/23/2022 at 9:43 PM, HQuan said:

Soooooooooooooo

• What brand do you love?
  • Your budget?
  • How much do you expect for it to last?
  • BATTERY LIFE! WHAT'S YOUR LIFE DECISION?

1. uuh any brand are ok except oppo, i have some horrible experience with their software (thats why im getting a new phone)

2. as mentioned in another comment 3.9m idr (250ish usd)

3. 4 years?? thats why im getting an old flagship phone in hope that it can last longer

4. im kinda spoiled with my current phone, it can last a day but probably if it lasts more than half a day im okay with that or heck, if it can last from 6am to 2pm im totally okay with that, as for my life decision, god i don't know

On 2/23/2022 at 10:52 PM, Stockpillow93 said:

I would not recommend you to get old phones they do not provide any software updates anymore. If you are getting an old phone you are better off getting a iphone 11. For a better deal you can also get a refurbished one from apple.com . Since it will receive good software updates. But if you want features like the ability to connect with 5G you can go for the upcoming samsung a 53. You can also wait for the rumored iphone se 3. If you are looking for mid rangers I would recommend you wait for the issues of the google pixel 6 to get resolved and then get it. You will get an amazing software experience using it.

i don't really mind if it doesn't get the latest software (even though it can be a LITTLE bit annoying) but if its durable, doesn't lag after a year of usage im perfectly okay with that

3 minutes ago, ToasterBoogaloo said:

like 250ish usd? it's like 3,9m idr for me, i found some used note 9 some people say its still good but im just asking around for an alternative

Problem is the battery in that phone is by now going to be between worn down to badly worn down. For that money you might be able to get a samsung a52, realme 8 or poco x3 pro.

or wait until the middle of March and get the redmi Note 11 Pro 5G, that  phone looks like a nice option