Rendering server?

ArcticApe
Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,
3 minutes ago, ArcticApe said:

vegas pro 14

Do you have a second license, I believe you need a license per computer your using. 

Id say its not worth it, but since you got the hardware, why not try it?

Hello!

I recently got an old gaming PC (3rd gen intel 4 core) without a GPU or anything. I do some video editing as a hobby and one of my major annoyances is having my gaming rig occupied for sometimes 90 minutes because of a render.

So could I be able to use the old machine as a render server of sorts? Idk the terms to google to find anything about this, but could this setup work?

1: gather materials on main rig
2: upload to my NAS
3: Download to the rendermachine (via teamviewer or something similar), open vegas pro, render and forget about it til its done?

What programs do you use for video editing?

Yea you can do tht process, but without a gpu, and a older processor, I don't think its worth the hassle, Id just run it on your gaming pc, you can run at a lower priority if you want to do other things on your main pc at the same time.   

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What programs do you use for video editing?

Yea you can do tht process, but without a gpu, and a older processor, I don't think its worth the hassle, Id just run it on your gaming pc, you can run at a lower priority if you want to do other things on your main pc at the same time.   

vegas pro 14

3 minutes ago, ArcticApe said:

vegas pro 14

Do you have a second license, I believe you need a license per computer your using. 

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

I've used it on two PCs but not at once so not sure if I do or not. And true that, worst case scenario it doesnt work 🙂