Cooler compatibility with socket LGA 1700

Intercor

Hey everybody i a have a question, is the new socket that brands provide enough for the new lga 1700 or the cooling base that its in contact with the cpu have to be longer, because i have a coolermaster 410r and i dont know if with the new socket it would be enough to cool the 12400, should i put it on or buy a new one?

Most coolers out right now won't cover the entire IHS, and that's fine. Do you have the LGA 1700 mounts for your cooler? 1700 does take new mounting hardware.

Cooler Master's Cooler Compatibility List (According to this list your cooler will require new hardware to mount to 1700)

It will be an acceptable cooler if you already own it. Better than the OEM cooler. I wouldn't buy a new one, unless you are looking to upgrade.

29 minutes ago, Intercor said:

Hey everybody i a have a question, is the new socket that brands provide enough for the new lga 1700 or the cooling base that its in contact with the cpu have to be longer, because i have a coolermaster 410r and i dont know if with the new socket it would be enough to cool the 12400, should i put it on or buy a new one?

In my opinion. Even if you got a 1700 socket hardware mount for your Coolermaster410r, I don't think you'll be happy of the performance. Here are my suggestions below for a new cpu cooler options for your 12400:

- be quiet Shadow Rock 3

- Noctua NH-U12A

- Noctua NH-U12S (you have an option to install additional fan as pull config, if you need more cooling)