What is better when it comes to Ram?

IShyGuyI
Go to solution Solved by RMTM,

DDR4 3600mhz (CL16 or lower). Is the sweet spot for modern Ryzen cpu's like yours. Thanks to AMD Ryzen's Infinity Fabric frequency technology.

I have personally tested and used several kits(MHz): 2666, 3200, 3600 and 4266 variants of different timings. And they have different advantage results based on actual use even if subjected to synthetic loads in benchmarking.

That is why, for your CPU, I suggested for you to get a kit of DDR4 3600mhz(CL16 or lower) if the price difference in your area/country is not that big.

Intel processors on RAMs are of different story.

Budget (including currency): $100 ish

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Tripple A games and normal ones plus video and 3d model rendering.

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D1XCKWW?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

This is the ram I have I think it's 16g. Is it better to get 16 more of the same or get a faster kit? Any recommendations? Thank you

There’s probably no ping in a faster kit, unless the old kit will na able to clock up to match the speeds, you’ll be stuck at the lower speeds anyways

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

18 minutes ago, PcGaming said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Tripple A games and normal ones plus video and 3d model rendering.

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D1XCKWW?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

This is the ram I have I think it's 16g. Is it better to get 16 more of the same or get a faster kit? Any recommendations? Thank you

That looks like a good RAM contender. But first, what are your motherboard and CPU models?

11 hours ago, RMTM said:

That looks like a good RAM contender. But first, what are your motherboard and CPU models?

Cpu= ryzen 3700x motherboard= taichi x570

19 hours ago, PcGaming said:

Cpu= ryzen 3700x motherboard= taichi x570

If the 3600mhz CL16 is almost the same price from where you are, I'd suggest you get that instead.

On 2/19/2022 at 11:08 PM, PcGaming said:

All memory sticks have to run at the same speed, timings, and voltage. This generally means that getting a faster kit will be pointless. 

Getting a second kit of the same memory is likely the safest upgrade.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

On 2/19/2022 at 8:08 PM, PcGaming said:

more is typically better because it gives some more head room for running more programs at the same time. Generally going faster than 3200 mhz is negligible in terms of performance

DDR4 3600mhz (CL16 or lower). Is the sweet spot for modern Ryzen cpu's like yours. Thanks to AMD Ryzen's Infinity Fabric frequency technology.

I have personally tested and used several kits(MHz): 2666, 3200, 3600 and 4266 variants of different timings. And they have different advantage results based on actual use even if subjected to synthetic loads in benchmarking.

That is why, for your CPU, I suggested for you to get a kit of DDR4 3600mhz(CL16 or lower) if the price difference in your area/country is not that big.

Intel processors on RAMs are of different story.