Post your Super PI Mod v1.5 scores

One problem, Super PI is terrible for benchmarking. First, you will not be able to calculate any actual SMP performance because Super PI runs on a single thread. Secondly, Super PI was written to mostly utilize the x87 instruction set which has been pretty much superseded. This day in age most software utilizes SSE instructions in its place. Lastly, it will perform terribly on any 15h family AMD processors. So if you run Zambezi, Vishera, Trinity, or even Richland you're going to get bad results in this benchmark. One way to fix this is to patch out the x87 instruction and force the software to use SSE. Tho without a "re-write" of the software, it's something we wont ever see fixed.

In your screen shot it had already done the calculations thought ;)

In mine it was in the middle of calculating 

Here you go :D

post-15940-0-71744500-1397851676.png

My Pc Specs

CPU : AMD FX-8350 @stock w/Noctua NH D-14   Mobo: Asus M5A99FX    Ram : 16gb Corsair XMS3 @1600mhz    GPU : Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce OC 4GB @1429mhz   SSD: Sandisk X110 256gb    Case: Be Quiet Silent Base 800 Windowed  PSU: EVGA 850w g2  Peripherals : Corsair K70 w/Red Switches , Logitech G502 , Samsung SyncMaster S22B300 (1920x1080) , Ttesports Shock one headset , Phone : HTC one A9

Here you go :D

Ahh, that's better :D

But yeah, as i expected, it barely uses it. 

BTW, nice PC username "AwesomePC"

Ahh, that's better :D

But yeah, as i expected, it barely uses it. 

BTW, nice PC username "AwesomePC"

yea that idea came from my bro when he said  'so you finished building your new awesome PC then'  :D

My Pc Specs

CPU : AMD FX-8350 @stock w/Noctua NH D-14   Mobo: Asus M5A99FX    Ram : 16gb Corsair XMS3 @1600mhz    GPU : Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce OC 4GB @1429mhz   SSD: Sandisk X110 256gb    Case: Be Quiet Silent Base 800 Windowed  PSU: EVGA 850w g2  Peripherals : Corsair K70 w/Red Switches , Logitech G502 , Samsung SyncMaster S22B300 (1920x1080) , Ttesports Shock one headset , Phone : HTC one A9

your ram running at 1333 cl9 won't help  ;)

yeh if I run them at anything higher than that my motherboard cries. Need to replace it but hard to find a black 1155 motherboard that doesn't look like crap. And I refuse to upgrade to a 1150 when my 2600K works perfectly fine.

The Phoenix | i7 3930K 4.6Ghz | Z79A-GD45 Plus | 2 x GTX 780 SLI | 16GB Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz | Two 240GB Samsung 840s | 1.5TB Western Digital Caviar Green HDD | Silverstone TJ07 | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop

Streaming PC/LAN Rig | i7 920 3Ghz | Biostar X58 T-Power | GTX 460 1024Mb | 8GB XMS3 1333Mhz | 120GB Corsair SSD | Avermedia Live gamer HD C985 

yeh if I run them at anything higher than that my motherboard cries. Need to replace it but hard to find a black 1155 motherboard that doesn't look like crap. And I refuse to upgrade to a 1150 when my 2600K works perfectly fine.

msi mpower,

Single threaded. 

According to the people who made it, it is a benchmark.

"Super PI Single-threaded Benchmark. Super PI is a single threaded benchmark that calculates pi to a specific number of digits.."

it is very single threaded. still if there was a separate amd and intel sheet on the scores........................... ;)

gigabyte up4?

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Ok, guys, lots of people are complaining about this benchmarks, so if it's outdated & useless, then let's abandon it.

Admin/moder delete this thread pls :)

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Ok, guys, lots of people are complaining about this benchmarks, so if it's outdated & useless, then let's abandon it.

It would be better to edit it and switch to another (similar) benchmark that doesn't have limitations.

just split results to intel and amd. just cos a few people don't like it doesn't mean its needs to be deleted. thats like me saying "i only have a sandy bridge this is a haswell benchmark, i'm never going to beat them" or "this is a mutithread benchmark i only have an i5 so this is clearly a i7 only benchmark" people just need to compare similar hardware that isn't completely different  

It would be better to edit it and switch to another (similar) benchmark that doesn't have limitations.

all benchmarks have limitations, at the end of the day a faster newer cpu is going to beat an older slower one. also it will get people to play with there ram timings and speeds more. if it wasn't for this benchmarks i wouldn't even know how to set ram timings.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Just got a chance to try it on my 3570K at 4.4GHz, quite satisfied with my results :)

post-37669-0-62815000-1397861958_thumb.j

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

That's exxagerated, it's only 10% better at best.

Forgot to mention "thats in my opinion"

2-3% I feel is a close tie or perhaps margin of error

10%+ Is a two mile lead in my opinion.

Mainboard Asrock Z170 OCF CPU 6700k RAM Tridentz 3600 HDD Intel 730 240gb GPU GTX 780ti sc acx PSU Silverstone Strider 1200W  Case Antec 900 Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T520 build log-   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35809-antec-900-the-re-birth-of-a-legend/ Check out the Tech Center https://www.youtube.com/user/prokon24/videos LTT's Unicore King

all benchmarks have limitations, at the end of the day a faster newer cpu is going to beat an older slower one. also it will get people to play with there ram timings and speeds more. if it wasn't for this benchmarks i wouldn't even know how to set ram timings.

Not entirely, in a post above I have explained why this benchmark is limited. There will be nothing but skewed results with 15h family AMD processors. You can sit and watch a 2.5 GHz Pentium smoke a 5.0 GHz FX-8350 all day if you want. This benchmark also calculates Pi to the specified decimal places, so its intended to test how fast the FPU is in a microprocessor. I imagine it stores quite a bit of things in memory, so you do get some "ok" memory testing out of it. Tho its nothing I would use to determine if the ram in your system is stable. Especially since its singled threaded, the IMC is being barely worked at all. Trust me, not worth using this benchmark. I don't even know of any software that heavily utilizes x87 anymore. Everything relies on SSE now.

Link to scores google doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uMYttqvDYaiXbfHlWEuUAdjEW88XLyIeX6SoynMiaOk/edit#gid=0

Super Pi is little good CPU benchmarking software. You can download it from here: http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/366/super-pi-mod-v1-5/

I like the red and blue idea

keep this thread alive and active

jumper118 is actually in first place.

Mainboard Asrock Z170 OCF CPU 6700k RAM Tridentz 3600 HDD Intel 730 240gb GPU GTX 780ti sc acx PSU Silverstone Strider 1200W  Case Antec 900 Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T520 build log-   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35809-antec-900-the-re-birth-of-a-legend/ Check out the Tech Center https://www.youtube.com/user/prokon24/videos LTT's Unicore King

Okay guys, after reading your comments & suggestions I decided to edit the description of this thread where it clearly says "It's Single-threaded Benchmark that calculates pi to a specific number of digits." We all know that Intel CPUs are superior to AMD in single thread performance & this bench is single threaded bench, so everyone should understand position of AMD results in list & everyone knows that it doesn't mean their CPUs are that bad as this single threaded benchmark shows. To edit the whole thread with the new benchmark would be waste of time & all these already made benchmarks would be lost, so this thread will BE KEPT ALIVE!

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

4g8sINI.jpg

On a laptop

It seems you have enabled turbo & I can't determine the actual cpu clock you had while benching... What was the clock?

I think i need to OC :D

Do you have Turbo enabled? I can't determine the actual cpu clock you had while benchmarking. What was it?

Okay guys, after reading your comments & suggestions I decided to edit the description of this thread where it clearly says "It's Single-threaded Benchmark that calculates pi to a specific number of digits." We all know that Intel CPUs are superior to AMD in single thread performance & this bench is single threaded bench, so everyone should understand position of AMD results in list & everyone knows that it doesn't mean their CPUs are that bad as this single threaded benchmark shows. To edit the whole thread with the new benchmark would be waste of time & all these already made benchmarks would be lost, so this thread will BE KEPT ALIVE!

The problem doesn't lie within CPU performance, it has to do with bad AGESA code that the 15h family of AMD processors have. If you wish to get somewhat competitive performance from people with AMD processors, they will need to unblock the x87 instruction set (blocked by default on all 15h processors). Tho honestly, I don't think its worth tampering with microcode just to improve x87 performance. Super Pi is more than likely the only software that any of you use that still uses the x87 instruction set. Not trying to discourage your thread, just stating almost nothing uses x87 anymore. These results will be specific as to how how well your machine handles only this specific piece of software. As this benchmark doesn't validate real world performance.

It was boosting from 3.6-3.9GHz, idk how you should put that on the graph lol

post-3187-0-73058800-1397896470_thumb.pn

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

It seems you have enabled turbo & I can't determine the actual cpu clock you had while benching... What was the clock?

3.3GHz

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Core 2 Quad Q6700 @ 3.50GHz

rkuAGIP.jpg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

btw my 8350 is stosk @4ghz :P

My Pc Specs