Upgrade possibilities

Budget (including currency): 1500 EUR

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Coding with: node, docker, .net, python, tensorflow etc etc

Other details 

- AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Boxed - AM4 Socket - Octa (8) core - 3,8GHz tot 4,7GHz
- PNY GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6GB XLR8 Gaming Overclocked Edition
- Cooler Master MWE 550 White 230V - V2 - 1x 120mm fan INCLUDED
- 3x Arctic F12 120mm Fan
- MSI MAG B550M Bazooka Moederbord - Micro-ATX - 4x DDR4 RAM ruimte - 3x M.2 - 4x SATA-600
- Cooler Master Hyper 212 Back Edition - CPU Cooler
- 2x Crucial Ballistix Sport LT BLS8G4D30AESBK - 8GB DDR4 - Low Profile - 3000MT/s
- Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L - PC case
- Micron 1100 M.2 80mm 256GB SSD

I'm able to buy this pc for 1100 EUR which is approximately 1242 american dollar. I am buying this pc for the cpu which i need for my job as a software developer.

2 things i don't like are the relatively small ssd and only 16 gigs of RAM. My solution for the ssd is that I have 2 2tb western digital green hdd's laying around (I know only 1 fits in the case), so extra ssd space won't be necessary for the first couple of months.

I currently have a Dell G5 8857 and docker is hoarding ram on that 16 gigs so I really want to upgrade my new pc to 32 or even 64.

However since i am a software developer and barely know anything about hardware(okay more than the average person but I'm certainly not a hardware guru) I really don't know if I am missing something in this setup and what kind of ram to buy when I want 32 gigs. I suppose I need simple 3000MT/s 8 gig banks, but there must be a reason why the previous owner took the low profile ram. 

I'm also uying a 32 inch ultrawide monitor, but I suppose the videocard is powerful enough.

I hope someone reads over this configuration and is able to advise me on what to change in the future.

Edited by thijphil
Forgot something in the text ;)

Case is not too great, but will do.

I would recommend getting a 1TB/2TB NVME SSD if you can afford it. Some recommendations:

Storage: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€95.00 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Storage: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€120.79 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Storage: Western Digital WD_BLACK SN750 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€133.85 @ Azerty) 
Storage: Mushkin Pilot-E 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€129.90 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Storage: PNY XLR8 CS3030 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€93.85 @ Megekko) 
Storage: PNY CS2130 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€114.90 @ Amazon Netherlands) 

I would grab a second set of the same ram if you need more. 2 x 16GB if you really think you need the extra ram for work. There are 4 ram slots on that mobo (I have it) so you would just need to plug them into the motherboard. Remember to turn off any ram overclocking before you do this though.

CPU Cooler is a little small for that class of CPU.

2 minutes ago, Jonathan Lee said:

Case is not too great, but will do.

I would recommend getting a 1TB/2TB NVME SSD if you can afford it. Some recommendations:

Storage: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€95.00 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Storage: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€120.79 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Storage: Western Digital WD_BLACK SN750 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€133.85 @ Azerty) 
Storage: Mushkin Pilot-E 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€129.90 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Storage: PNY XLR8 CS3030 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€93.85 @ Megekko) 
Storage: PNY CS2130 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€114.90 @ Amazon Netherlands) 

I would grab a second set of the same ram if you need more. 2 x 16GB if you really think you need the extra ram for work. There are 4 ram slots on that mobo (I have it) so you would just need to plug them into the motherboard. Remember to turn off any ram overclocking before you do this though.

CPU Cooler is a little small for that class of CPU.

Thanks for the RAM options and in the future i may be installing watercooling in this pc since it is not that expensive. and thanks for the ram overclocking tip I didn't know that option is available this motherboard.