PS5 Best Monitors (Budget, Mid-Range)

lemesios10

Hello guys. This is my first post on this Linus's forum, so bear with me! 🙂

I am looking for a 4K monitor for my (future) PS5. Currently, for my Base PS4, I have the MSI Optix G24C4, which is a 24" Curved (1500R) Monitor that has 144Hz Refresh Rate and 1ms Response Time.

I am willing to sacrifice the 120Hz Refresh Rate available from the PS5 to get a 60Hz 4K monitor (and sell the one I currently have), to use temporarily until I move out and get a proper TV to use for gaming. My questions are:

1) Does screen size matter for 4K gaming? I have seen a comment on a YouTube video saying something along the lines of:

Linus said that you cannot see the 4K output of a game on a screen with anything less than a 27-28" Screen Size.

However, I don't know if he said that on a video, because I didn't find anything (or even if he said that at all!).

2) How "bad" are monitors with more than 1ms Response Time? Can you tell the difference if it's let's say 2ms or 5ms? Can we find a demonstration for that?

3) What about Panels? I guess IPS is the go-to?

4) Taking into consideration the above 3 questions, what are the Best PS5 Gaming Monitors for the price of anything less than $400 / €400?

Thank you for your patience, looking forward to your replies! 🙂

I have a 28 inch 4k monitor and honestly I have a hard time telling the difference between 1440p and 2160p on PC. Really sucks that PS5 can't output to 1440p though because 1440p looks night and day better than 1080p on my 4k panel. Nowadays I can't imagine not buying IPS on a new monitor unless you have the money for OLED. Seems kind of hard to find HDMI 2.1 with VRR support on budget monitors, and if Sony supports VRR I'm sure it'll be HDMI 2.1 VRR only, while XBox actually supports FreeSync over HDMI 2.0.

There are a handful of 1440p monitors that will take a 4k signal and downscale it, though you'll be limited to 60hz at that point. 

RTings has a list of recommended PS5 monitors, go through their list of suggestions/alternatives and figure out what is most important to you. From there, pick a few, find which one has the best price/features you want/need.
https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/best/ps5

I have a 27 inch VIOTEC 144hz 1440p monitor that i got off amazon for about 140 bucks. Its still the best monitor price to performance and quality I have ever found