Bitrate when rendering a video for youtube.

Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,
6 minutes ago, HoraryZappy said:

1080p at 60fps. It's mainly recordings of games.

You can probably get away with like 30mbit, but might as well go higher if you got the disk space, but over about 30mbit for 1080p60 with a modern codec will make no noticable difference, esp on youtube where its compressed much more anyways.

Also depends on codec, h.265 will let you use a lower bitrate than h.264 for example.

So, I record my videos with obs using CQP at 16. When finished recording the video has around 65k to 80k kbps of bitrate. My question is: what number of mbps do I use when rendering in premiere? (I use CBR in premiere).

What resolution and frame rate? Id probably keep about that bitrate  for youtube if its 4k , but you can lower it a good amount if your working with 1080p

1 hour ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What resolution and frame rate? Id probably keep about that bitrate  for youtube if its 4k , but you can lower it a good amount if your working with 1080p

6 minutes ago, HoraryZappy said:

You can probably get away with like 30mbit, but might as well go higher if you got the disk space, but over about 30mbit for 1080p60 with a modern codec will make no noticable difference, esp on youtube where its compressed much more anyways.

Also depends on codec, h.265 will let you use a lower bitrate than h.264 for example.

24 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Thanks for the help! Really appreciated it