Cheap Stereo Speaker Amplifier (preferably 50 watts/channel) around $100

Goldilock

I am in Indonesia. I've decided to go all-in with audiophile hobby and build dedicated 2.0 speaker setup.

Speaker I've been eyeing is Wharfedale Evo 4.2, but speaker amplifier in shops are either (1) integrated amplifier or (2) AV Receiver from Denon, Onkyo, Cambridge, etc. which starts $350.

Does anyone knows cheaper amplifier alternative for strictly 2.0 setup? no subwoofer nor surround setup planned.

Is cheap amp like Fosi Audio trusted?

Here in the US you can get second hand Pioneer/Onkyo/Marantz/Denon receivers or amps for $50. I strongly recommend that. 

there are assemble-your-own amps from China for around $30 to $50 (USD) if you have a soldering iron. My buddy built one, but changed out the capacitors (extra $25) for Japanese audio caps (supposedly Chinese caps are garbage). He built like four of these to drive a 7.2 system with self-powered woofers. You can also make monoblocks, if you want.

wharfdales are great speakers. I have the 10.2’s are bookshelves and they rock. I am driving them with a pioneer amp that I bought on eBay for $39 including shipping. I think you should obsessively check eBay, Letgo, Craigslist, and such to pounce on a good deal. Keep in mind that amp/received tech has not advanced much. Old pre-HDMI receivers and amps are cheap and sound great. Grab an old 1980’s or 1990’s dual channel and enjoy it. Avoid surround sound receivers as you can usually get far better dial channel amps for the same money, but I have found that old 5.1 channel surround receivers are so cheap that they are the best deals. Furthermore, try buying “broken” amps because 90% of the time they simply need a new fuse, a re-soldering of a broken connection or the occasional blown or leaky capacitor. I have bought, fixed and sold over a dozen amps/receivers. It is not a bad side hustle. 

Go second hand if you can. Only speakers hold their value (especially Warfdales). Other components are cheap and sound great used.

look into affordable "power amplifier's"  Here in the US you can get a 2 channel stereo amplifier for $100usd like this audiosource that was around that price a few years ago but has gone up

13 minutes ago, Skip said:

Here in the US you can get second hand Pioneer/Onkyo/Marantz/Denon receivers or amps for $50. I strongly recommend that. 

there are assemble-your-own amps from China for around $30 to $50 (USD) if you have a soldering iron. My buddy built one, but changed out the capacitors (extra $25) for Japanese audio caps (supposedly Chinese caps are garbage). He built like four of these to drive a 7.2 system with self-powered woofers. You can also make monoblocks, if you want.

wharfdales are great speakers. I have the 10.2’s are bookshelves and they rock. I am driving them with a pioneer amp that I bought on eBay for $39 including shipping. I think you should obsessively check eBay, Letgo, Craigslist, and such to pounce on a good deal. Keep in mind that amp/received tech has not advanced much. Old pre-HDMI receivers and amps are cheap and sound great. Grab an old 1980’s or 1990’s dual channel and enjoy it. Avoid surround sound receivers as you can usually get far better dial channel amps for the same money, but I have found that old 5.1 channel surround receivers are so cheap that they are the best deals. Furthermore, try buying “broken” amps because 90% of the time they simply need a new fuse, a re-soldering of a broken connection or the occasional blown or leaky capacitor. I have bought, fixed and sold over a dozen amps/receivers. It is not a bad side hustle. 

Go second hand if you can. Only speakers hold their value (especially Warfdales). Other components are cheap and sound great used.

I agree, finding an old AVR that is pre-hdmi would be the best bet and would loose NOTHING for the OP's intended use.  Most of the advancements in AVR's has been in video and surround.  I don't know what the second hand market is like in Indonesia so maybe there is a higher demand for these products, but it has to be less than a new amp.

*AVR's can still be good for 2.0 it's just that you have no use for anything that makes the Denon's etc cost $350 so going used will open up a market that others don't have any interest in.  Otherwise if you want new, look for a "power amplifier" as I originally stated.  It's just an amp with RCA in and speaker terminals with an on off switch.  I have a cheap desktop dac/amp from fosi and it's not very good due entirely to the cheap dac they put into it.  I can't validate the amp quality without the dac but I can say that it hasn't put me off from all fosi products.  I wouldn't hesitate at a fosi power amp.

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

7 hours ago, Skip said:

Thanks mate, looks like with bit of luck there are old integrated amp for sale.

Nover crossed my mind till I saw your reply.