Logitech Harmony alternitives

PlaybyEar

Hello, 

I have a Logitech Harmony 650 and in general, I hate it. 

I once was heavily involved in home theater, in fact a friend of mine and I put ourselves through college installing home theaters, so of course, I have worked with thousands of these things over the years, and I have always hated them. When I was originally working with them I found them to be clunky, sluggish and they never quite worked the way you wanted them to, and in 20 years or so, it has not improved. The "help" button is by far and away the most used button on any Harmony as far as I am concerned because while system 1,2 and 4 all kick on, system 3 didn't get the message this time. For what one pays for these little modern marvels of tech headache, one would think that the operation would be essentially flawless. 

Has anyone come across a competing system that A) is reasonably priced and B) works? 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. 

Good luck.  I avoid universal remotes like the plague.  Instead, I have my audio setup pinged at max volume, and all settings on my HTPC pinged at max volume.  Then I only use the remote for my projector to adjust volume (since it's what I use to turn on/off the projector).  Of course, if you aren't using HTPC, then you're stuck trying to navigate some kind of streaming app or dongle...

You could look at Sofabaton. I personally have the U1 and really my only complaint is the IR Blaster doesn't have a very wide range and it doesn't support WiFi, for a living room setup it's mostly fine though. I will be upgrading to the X1 whenever it's available.