Suggest a white case for My Little Pony themed build :D

DCCFan

Hi all. Finally buying the stuff for my little girl's build and kind of stuck choosing a case so I figured I would hear opinions. Already have a white CFX RGB psu and 16gb of white Ballistix 3600 cl16 memory. Will probably get the B550-A for a motherboard and a 5700G to be replaced when the GPU bubble pops.

So these are the cases I have seen near me butfeel free to suggest others in case I can find them. I did look for the Silverstone R1 and didn't find it though.

I really like this Xigmatek one for its aesthetic and shape but I'm somewhat worried about quality as I've never owned Xigmatek. Does anyone know if they're decent?

It's called the Gaming X Arctic https://www.xigmatek.com/product_detail.php?item=467

spacer.png

I'm also considering the Corsair 4000d which is very similar, but slightly boxier and has a removable filter in front.

spacer.png

Then there's the Cooler Master TD500. This one is growing on me. Didn't like its shape when I first saw it but would now consider it if it turned out to be superior than the others. 

spacer.png

My move would be to go to pcpartpicker and select “white” in filters.  That should give you most of them then cross reference with reviews.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

14 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

My move would be to go to pcpartpicker and select “white” in filters.  That should give you most of them then cross reference with reviews.  

Thanks! Have looked up these three on PCPP. It helps to see them used in builds 🙂 Thing is I'm in South America and probably don't have access to 9 out of ten cases listed in the site. 

So far, for white cases (and I looked at over 25 vendors) I find Corsair, Cooler Master, Xigmatek, Lian Li, Phanteks and Fractal Design and that's it 😕

10 hours ago, DCCFan said:

Thanks! Have looked up these three on PCPP. It helps to see them used in builds 🙂 Thing is I'm in South America and probably don't have access to 9 out of ten cases listed in the site. 

So far, for white cases (and I looked at over 25 vendors) I find Corsair, Cooler Master, Xigmatek, Lian Li, Phanteks and Fractal Design and that's it 😕

4000D has a rep for being a good case.  It might be over pricey but it’s supposed to work well. It’s big advantage is that it has a removable dust filter.  It’s also supposed to have conveniences in building but I put less store in those myself.  I suspect any of the ones mentioned will be fine, so mostly it’s about which one is the best deal.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

19 hours ago, Ralfi said:

To give you an idea of the 4000D (Airflow), check out my sig.

Great case to work in & nice airflow.

Thanks so much, your build looks awesome! 👍 I might be leaning toward this one now as it´s very pretty and seems more spacious than the Xigmatek one. It´s also got 9 fan slots because of the extra 3 on the back and probably better overall quality. 

17 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

4000D has a rep for being a good case.  It might be over pricey but it’s supposed to work well. It’s big advantage is that it has a removable dust filter.  It’s also supposed to have conveniences in building but I put less store in those myself.  I suspect any of the ones mentioned will be fine, so mostly it’s about which one is the best deal.

Yeah I just realized the 4000d has three more fan spaces, which might come in handy when I get a dedicated GPU. From the Xigmatek I like that the fans are way less expensive than the Corsair lineup of fans, but this might be solved by buying non-Corsair fans for it. I also used Google translate to access a Russian review site where someone commented the steel chassis is 0.5mm thick and they apparently didn´t like that. I don´t know enough to say, is that too thin for a case?

1 hour ago, DCCFan said:

It´s also got 9 fan slots because of the extra 3 on the back

🤔 Are you sure you’re not thinking of the 5000D here? It’s bigger than the 4000D & has 3 extra fan spots on the side?

1 hour ago, DCCFan said:

steel chassis is 0.5mm thick and they apparently didn´t like that. I don´t know enough to say, is that too thin for a case?

Not sure. 

The 4000D chassis is sturdy. The only thin sections are where you screw in fans in, so be careful here - don’t over-tighten & line up the screws flush with the frame. 

1 hour ago, DCCFan said:

Thanks so much, your build looks awesome! 👍 I might be leaning toward this one now as it´s very pretty and seems more spacious than the Xigmatek one. It´s also got 9 fan slots because of the extra 3 on the back and probably better overall quality. 

Yeah I just realized the 4000d has three more fan spaces, which might come in handy when I get a dedicated GPU. From the Xigmatek I like that the fans are way less expensive than the Corsair lineup of fans, but this might be solved by buying non-Corsair fans for it. I also used Google translate to access a Russian review site where someone commented the steel chassis is 0.5mm thick and they apparently didn´t like that. I don´t know enough to say, is that too thin for a case?

Cases have gotten thinner over time.  Alloys have also changed though.  Generally they have gotten stiffer.  I’ve got a case from around 2000 that weighs perhaps twice what a modern one does and is so stiff I can sit on it without it deforming noticeably (I am not small)  this also happened with cars.  As steel costs go up better thinner steel gets used.  It used to be you could bang a dent out of a car fender with a hammer.  Doesn’t really work like that anymore.

1 hour ago, Ralfi said:

🤔 Are you sure you’re not thinking of the 5000D here? It’s bigger than the 4000D & has 3 extra fan spots on the side?

Not sure. 

The 4000D chassis is sturdy. The only thin sections are where you screw in fans in, so be careful here - don’t over-tighten & line up the screws flush with the frame. 

I think you're right. It is the 500d. I was looking at the reviews on Newegg and pictures are mixed for the two models it seems. They're pretty much identical except for those three fans. Not sure I would need those really though, not with the 5700G haha

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

Cases have gotten thinner over time.  Alloys have also changed though.  Generally they have gotten stiffer.  I’ve got a case from around 2000 that weighs perhaps twice what a modern one does and is so stiff I can sit on it without it deforming noticeably (I am not small)  this also happened with cars.  As steel costs go up better thinner steel gets used.  It used to be you could bang a dent out of a car fender with a hammer.  Doesn’t really work like that anymore.

Yeah I figured there's a little bit of that. Most every device has become thinner. I guess as long as it doesn't dent super easily it'll be okay. I probably won't be moved around that much except for cleaning.  

The Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVOs are finally starting to appear in the wild.

https://lian-li.com/product/o11-dynamic-evo/

I am contemplating doing a white build and that case really stood out to me. The RGB lighting in the front might give you some cool creative options to build on your theme.

CPU Intel i7 5930k - Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe - RAM Kingston DDR4 32GB - GPU nVidia GeForce GTX980 3way SLI - Case NZXT H440 – Samsung XP941 m.2, Samsung 850 Pro, WD Black, WD Red - PSU Corsair Ax1200i

On 2/2/2022 at 5:56 PM, hitsu1 said:

The Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVOs are finally starting to appear in the wild.

https://lian-li.com/product/o11-dynamic-evo/

I am contemplating doing a white build and that case really stood out to me. The RGB lighting in the front might give you some cool creative options to build on your theme.

Thanks for the suggestion. It looks so good! Not sure I will use it at this time as it might get me over budget but will keep it in mind for a future upgrade 🙂