Ram Recommendations 2022?

Hello guys i got some nice used components for a budget build.

have a ryzen 3600. corsair lpx ram 3000mhz a b550 elite v2 and 700w bequiet pure power 11

with a gifted gpu r9 270x

Got it all together for 250 euros

i am planning to replace the ryzen 3600 by a 5800 in the future

so i come to my question does ram matter? I had a ryzen 2600 and remember ram problems instabilitys blue screens etc. Got my ram running after hours of tuning. Is ryzen still like that? i havent corsair lpx ram yet. so are there any recommendations? is b die still worth it? 

3000mhz is good enough, 3600mhz has been quoted as the sweet spot before performance improvements slow down per step. Ryzen 3000 and 5000 series is fairly forgiving for ram and Corsair lpx is great ram,

I ended up with the Patriot Viper Steel series and it's been great too. It was slightly cheaper for 3600mhz when I got it.

should have minimal setup, the system usually restarts once after first install during the first boot, get into the bios for DOCP and select the 3000mhz profile and it should boot right away. Most of the stability issues on the 1+2000series have been cleared up with bios updates and there haven't been many 3000 series issues since they fixed the infinity fabric issues plaguing the first gen systems.

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

According to what I know no ryzen isn't as picky but choose dual channel with high frequency

I have an ASUS G14 2021 with Manjaro KDE and I am a professional Linux NoOB and also pretty bad at General Computing.

ALSO I DON'T EDIT MY POSTS* NOWADAYS SO NO NEED TO REFRESH BEFORE REPLYING *unless I edit my post

You only point towards certain bins and brands if you are looking for extreme overclocking performance. The best bet for a normal user is to buy prepackaged memory that can run at their advertised speeds stable and daily. Small  variance is CAS latency. It doesn't hurt to pick up some high speed ram now, and underclock it and save it for later. If you are upgrading to a 5800x, then I recommend going up to an X570 board. You can go to X470 as long the BIOS is appropriately updated. (2x8 Dual Channel) 16GB of 3600mhz is about all you need before marginal performance improvement falloff

2 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

3000mhz is good enough, 3600mhz has been quoted as the sweet spot before performance improvements slow down per step. Ryzen 3000 and 5000 series is fairly forgiving for ram and Corsair lpx is great ram,

I ended up with the Patriot Viper Steel series and it's been great too. It was slightly cheaper for 3600mhz when I got it.

should have minimal setup, the system usually restarts once after first install during the first boot, get into the bios for DOCP and select the 3000mhz profile and it should boot right away. Most of the stability issues on the 1+2000series have been cleared up with bios updates and there haven't been many 3000 series issues since they fixed the infinity fabric issues plaguing the first gen systems.

thanks i will probably just check the ram and if i get problems sell it and buy another one. i could get corsair rgb ram CMW16GX4M2D3600C18 for 70 euros.

3 minutes ago, Cheeki said:

You only point towards certain bins and brands if you are looking for extreme overclocking performance. The best bet for a normal user is to buy prepackaged memory that can run at their advertised speeds stable and daily. Small  variance is CAS latency. It doesn't hurt to pick up some high speed ram now, and underclock it and save it for later. If you are upgrading to a 5800x, then I recommend going up to an X570 board. You can go to X470 as long the BIOS is appropriately updated. (2x8 Dual Channel) 16GB of 3600mhz is about all you need before marginal performance improvement falloff

i just have seen that in cpu bottle neck situations fast ram can improve gpu usage and fps stability. Probably won´t get there but i would like to get a 3080 if its possible idk in 2030

1 hour ago, Cheeki said:

If you are upgrading to a 5800x, then I recommend going up to an X570 board.

And why would you assert that recommendation?

He has a B550 already.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Frost Commander 140, TY-143
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

44 minutes ago, freeagent said:

And why would you assert that recommendation?

He has a B550 already.

Oh was that 550? I read 450. Apologies. B550 does have 20 pcie 4 lanes aviable to use so it will support a full gpu and an nvme nicely. I don't believe b450 pulls lane trickery like z590 does for pcie 4. Lower end b550 boards are good for basic systems, but higher end b550 pretty much reach low end x570 prices that are currently are decent bang for buck (especially the smaller scope of b550 boards for full atx systems) 

13 hours ago, Cheeki said:

Oh was that 550? I read 450. Apologies. B550 does have 20 pcie 4 lanes aviable to use so it will support a full gpu and an nvme nicely. I don't believe b450 pulls lane trickery like z590 does for pcie 4. Lower end b550 boards are good for basic systems, but higher end b550 pretty much reach low end x570 prices that are currently are decent bang for buck (especially the smaller scope of b550 boards for full atx systems) 

oh good bought that mobo to update it easy