Small form factor PC

Budget (including currency): 1500 to 2000 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming and programing

Other details Small form factor, gaming at 1440p with adequate frame rate. Would be playing games like Skyrim and similar AAA games to be released and warzone

Mainly wondering if able to get this kind of performance in a small form factor case. Want to build a pc but am possibly moving countries soon (Aus to Europe) and would hate to build a pc and need to ship it, sell it, or check it and have it be manhandled

All advice welcome. TIA

It might be harder to resell custom build compared to pre-built that you can even return to shop.

If you build small enough computer you can probably take it with you as carry-on. 

Shipping within Europe is alright, but prices for electronics in general can be higher.

standard domestic carry-on luggage size is 22" x 14" x 9", which includes the handle and the wheels

So in cm you would be limited by sizes 55 x 35 x 23.

I am not the one to suggest specific device, can't decide on mini PC myself...

1 hour ago, RageTester said:

It might be harder to resell custom build compared to pre-built that you can even return to shop.

If you build small enough computer you can probably take it with you as carry-on. 

Shipping within Europe is alright, but prices for electronics in general can be higher.

So in cm you would be limited by sizes 55 x 35 x 23.

I am not the one to suggest specific device, can't decide on mini PC myself...

Thanks for the reply! Are you looking at building one? If so what are you looking at?

20 hours ago, TibialCuriosity said:

Thanks for the reply! Are you looking at building one? If so what are you looking at?

I am waiting for RDNA2 dekstop APU. Hopefully it lives up to hype and makes GPUs obsolete, so I can make silent, not very huge computer.  Looking at cases that act as heatsink right now... If I can play a racing game at 720p 60fps I will be very happy. And browser based things should run smooth at 1080p... I haven't even bought a new screen yet, because not sure what connectivity computer will require and shipping things together might cost me less.