Well well well It's time for a new one

Daniel-DuDa
Go to solution Solved by Dr0idGh0sT,

12600K will be more than enough for few years, You can upgrade to 1440p gaming when GPU prices balance and will be able to get new GPU + monitor, 12600K will keep up with that as well. So yes, Keep your GPU. It's perfectly fine. You can reuse your storage, But RAM is big NO. 2400MHz is too slow, You'll be sacrificing huge performance for saving few bucks.

MSI Pro Z690-A and 12600K will be my recommendation and 3600MHz CL16 memory, Or at least 3200MHz. 

Budget (including currency):  1000€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Escape From Tarkov is probably the most demanding game I play. Visual Studio and other IDEs. 

So my previous build died today. Either it was the mobo or CPU (I'm guessing it's the mobo).

And since I was thinking on upgrading my 6 year old PC, I might as well and go for something new.

This was my previous build:

CPU: intel I5 6600K

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII

RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V DDR4-2400MHz 16GB (2*8GB)

GPU: MSI GTX 980 4G

Storage: Crucial MX500 1TB / WD Blue 1TB / Samsung 960 500GB NVME

PSU: Corsair RM650i

Cooling: Corsair H100i GTX

So I built my pc before AMD new era and now it appears Intel is taking some ground again.

I was thinking on going for intel i5 12600K (Should I go for the i9?), I'm openned for AMD, what do you guys think?

I don't know if I should go for DDR5 or not (I'm afraid of the "too soon") 

I don't know which brands to go for the mobo.

Should I reuse my old DDR4 2400 and get an aditional 16GB (2*8GB) and call it a day?

I think I'm going to reuse the storage.

Now the important question. Should I keep my loyal GTX 980?

With GPUs being as they are I wouldn't mind staying with the 980 (that's why the budget is at 1000€)

I game at 1080p and won't be changing that any time soon.

The budget can be changed.

My main two concerns are new mobo and new CPU

What do you think? (Any opinion is welcome)

*EDIT*

My case is completely trash, what case do you guys recommend (Main concern is air flow.)
In general, I don't care about aesthetics.

One last question, Noctua NH-D14 or D15?

12600K will be more than enough for few years, You can upgrade to 1440p gaming when GPU prices balance and will be able to get new GPU + monitor, 12600K will keep up with that as well. So yes, Keep your GPU. It's perfectly fine. You can reuse your storage, But RAM is big NO. 2400MHz is too slow, You'll be sacrificing huge performance for saving few bucks.

MSI Pro Z690-A and 12600K will be my recommendation and 3600MHz CL16 memory, Or at least 3200MHz. 

15 minutes ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

Yeah the ram was just a thought, so it wouldn't get wasted.

It can also be used for spare parts or to troubleshoot in future.

Any thoughts on AMD or just go for Intel?

I'm gonna edit the post to add more info that I forggot.

Thx mate!

So by now I have this:

CPU: Intel i5 12600K - 316€
Mobo: MSI Pro Z690-A (Recommended by Dr0idGh0sT) - 200€ (might go for the wifi version for more 20€ since I quite need bluetooth.)
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3600MHz CL16 - 80€
Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 - around 90-100€ (I would even use my old AIO water cooler but I'm afraid that it has become too old)

Now, I might have to get a new PSU for future proofing (GPU Upgrade) and a new case.
I saw that this mobo has two 8pin connectors, my old Corsair RM650i might not have enough connections.

Any suggestions for these last two?