Help for psu

FranArx

I am searching for my new psu. I have a rtx 3070 evga ftw3 and a ryzen 5 3600x. What psu should i Buy? 

These are some of My options: 

-asus tuf 650w bronze

-xpg pylon 650w

-be quiet u9 600w 

Might need seven hundred.  It’s not about total wattage it’s about having an OCP circuit that can still handle the transient spikes from a ryzen2 and a 3070 simultaneously.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 hours ago, FranArx said:

-asus tuf 650w bronze

-xpg pylon 650w

-be quiet u9 600w 

With a >$1000 GPU I would look for a better PSU than these budget units. A decent Gold like Bitfenix Whisper, Corsair RM/RMx, Enermax Revolution D.F., EVGA Supernova G6, Super Flower Leadex III, Thermaltake GF1 or XPG Core Reactor. 650w is fine, 750w/850w give you some headroom.

26 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

With a >$1000 GPU I would look for a better PSU than these budget units. A decent Gold like Bitfenix Whisper, Corsair RM/RMx, Enermax Revolution D.F., EVGA Supernova G6, Super Flower Leadex III, Thermaltake GF1 or XPG Core Reactor. 650w is fine, 750w/850w give you some headroom.

I concur though I can offer no suggestions about what to use other than to look at the PSU tierlist. PSUs are to some degree dark magic to me as well as the most potentially damaging part of the computer as it’s the thing that actually converts the power that runs through the microscopically thin wires computer chips use.  It sounds dumb but I would cheap out on a case or fans or even motherboard before I would cheap out on a PSU.  PSU quality is (or at least should be) all about safety features and component quality.  It’s the one component that can fry any other component in the machine if it fails. PSU quality is mostly about avoiding that possibility.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

16 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

I concur though I can offer no suggestions about what to use other than to look at the PSU tierlist. PSUs are to some degree dark magic to me as well as the most potentially damaging part of the computer as it’s the thing that actually converts the power that runs through the microscopically thin wires computer chips use.  It sounds dumb but I would cheap out on a case or fans or even motherboard before I would cheap out on a PSU.  PSU quality is (or at least should be) all about safety features and component quality.  It’s the one component that can fry any other component in the machine if it fails. PSU quality is mostly about avoiding that possibility.

Ok, i get it. And what about segotep gold 700w psu? It apears in a good position in the tierlist

2 hours ago, FranArx said:

Ok, i get it. And what about segotep gold 700w psu? It apears in a good position in the tierlist

If it’s got a gold rating it’s idle draw is effectively  derivable.