Mobile hotspot problems

Jacksongosnell4256

I've been using my mobile hotspot for 4yrs to game and I just got a new phone a fee weeks ago and whenever I use discord voice chat and try to connect to a server on a game it always disconnects. On discord it says I have 5000 ping then 80 then when I talk I get 80% packet loss and it goes back up to 5000 ping. But when I google stuff or install or update games it works perfectly fine.

44 minutes ago, Jacksongosnell4256 said:

I've been using my mobile hotspot for 4yrs to game and I just got a new phone a fee weeks ago and whenever I use discord voice chat and try to connect to a server on a game it always disconnects. On discord it says I have 5000 ping then 80 then when I talk I get 80% packet loss and it goes back up to 5000 ping. But when I google stuff or install or update games it works perfectly fine.

This maybe a rechargeable battery powered hotspot appliance? Some puck or little square thing or something?

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

This maybe a rechargeable battery powered hotspot appliance? Some puck or little square thing or something?

Should of put this in there but I use T mobile hotspot on my phone

25 minutes ago, Jacksongosnell4256 said:

Should of put this in there but I use T mobile hotspot on my phone

Hmmm..  that may knock that idea on the head.  I was going on the theory your battery might be dying and couldn’t put out the needed wattage any more.  I suppose it’s not completely dead but if it were the case you’d see problems in other areas too.  Couple possibilities come to mind:

1) you acquired some sort of wild variable rf source in your area like a mig welder or an ancient refrigerator or something (something old enough it’s actually rounded) this would also affect phone calls.

Solution: call the the appropriate federal agency.  They may actually come out with an antenna covered van, track it down and put the perpetrator in cuffs.  The government (EU or USA) can take an incredibly dim view of illegal radio sources.

2) T-mobile is swapping out transceivers and when they take one off line bad things happen to reception.

Solution: call t-mobile.  They’ll at least be able to warn you when it is happening and it will eventually be lots better. 

There are a bunch of variants on 2 most of which are worse.

also see 

they’re both radio issues.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.