Overclocking a gtx 1060 6gb asus dual white?

Rujdaga

Hey guys, i got a ASUS gtx 1060 6gb dual white gpu, is it worth overclocking, and should i overclock it in 2022? And if its worth, which settings should i use for a safe overclock?

16GB DDR4 Viper 4 Blackout 3200MHZ Ryzen 5 1500X AB350M-gaming3 GTX 1060 6gb Asus dual OC, 1TB hdd seagate 7200rpm, 120gb samsung m.2 ssd

if you aren't getting enough fps to play your games smoothly, overclocking is a good idea. If you can get frame rates that work for the games without overclocking, you need to choose whether chancing a card failure is worth it.

Typically you can get away with boosting the MSI Afterburner power limit to max (it's set by the card manufacturer to be "safe"), start up Heaven on a loop and see how the card reacts, add some clock speed walking it up 50mhz at a time.

Pretty standard practice for overclocking any card, once the core is causing errors or the stress test program crashes I would bring it back 50-75mhz and move onto the same pattern of raise memory clock and loop for the VRAM.

asking for specific settings or even "safe" settings doesn't actually do anything for you. If you have a lucky card and the core can clock high, great, but every other person will have different stable points for their cards, no short-cuts in the overclocking scene.

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it