Need Moar USB Headers

nukem

so i have a maximus 6 hero, and a 900d, so my 2x usb2.0 headers and my 1x usb3.0 header on my motherboard are being taken up by my front usb on the case.

I just bought a Wireless AC + bluetooth PCI-E card that i want to install, but it requires you connect a usb2 header cable from the card to a usb 2.0 header on your motherboard, which i have none free.

what options do i have here? is there such a thing as a usb2 header splitter?, and would that work?

any suggestions welcome!

i just came across this, altough its kinda pricey for what it is.

http://www.amazon.com/NZXT-IU01-Internal-Expansion-Black/dp/B0031ESKJA

PC: Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860 | Maxmius VI Hero | i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 | Sapphire Radeon 7950 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Win7 X64

HTPC: Silverstone GD05 Black | Corsair VS350W | AMD A6 5400K | AsRock FM2A75-PRO4-M | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600 | Samsung 840 128GB | WD Black 4TBx2 | Leadtek Winfast DTV2000DS | LiteOn BD\DVD-RW Combo | WIN7 x64/XBMC

I think it's worth the price , you get extra 2 usb plus usb headers,not a bad deal if you need it badly. 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

It's pricey indeed but maybe you can find it cheaper anywhere else, don't know anything else to do than this kind of solution though.

I5-8600K - GTX 1080 - 16GB RAM - 1.5TB SSD

I want everything pink

Just get a USB card with a header

EDIT: I found this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-Low-Profile-PCI-Cards-RC-100/dp/B004F3B5Z2/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1397668199&sr=8-9&keywords=usb+2.0+card

The problem with it is that it is PCI

If you were willing to have a wire coming out of your case, you could use this:

http://www.amazon.com/Adapter-designed-motherboard-external-connector/dp/B000V6WD8A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397668360&sr=8-1&keywords=usb+to+usb+header

Edited by tomlambert01

Compatible with Windows 95

NZXT makes a nice usb header splitter board

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

yeah i might just end up getting the nzxt board, problem with a pci-e usb card is i need to find one with a black pcb, dont wanna ruin the color scheme inside my system :P

thanks for your suggestions

PC: Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860 | Maxmius VI Hero | i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 | Sapphire Radeon 7950 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Win7 X64

HTPC: Silverstone GD05 Black | Corsair VS350W | AMD A6 5400K | AsRock FM2A75-PRO4-M | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600 | Samsung 840 128GB | WD Black 4TBx2 | Leadtek Winfast DTV2000DS | LiteOn BD\DVD-RW Combo | WIN7 x64/XBMC

yeah i might just end up getting the nzxt board, problem with a pci-e usb card is i need to find one with a black pcb, dont wanna ruin the color scheme inside my system :P

thanks for your suggestions

same reason i went with the nzxt hub thing too. i just hide it behind the mobo tray. worth it imo even though i paid 33$ it helped a lot

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Go with the NZXT board. And then if you ever need even more headers you'll have more. My mobo had two headers which are taken up, and I needed two more for my Kraken and my... actually I can't remember what else is plugged up. I just know I needed two extra. When I went looking for this board it was hard to find, NZXT didn't seem to be selling it anymore and a few places online had it being sold for over $1000 (clearly some asshole going "If someone wants this bad enough") but yea. $20 isn't bad for something like that, and it's incredibly useful. It's also surprisingly the only thing i've ever been able to find that does this.