2014 Astro Mixamp PC Setup???

Mr. Pops

Hello,

So to get to the point, I have an Astro a40 headset with a mixamp that I bought back in 2014 for my xbox. It worked perfectly for what I wanted but now I play PC games instead. I still use my a40 headset (just without the mixamp) and have it plugged into the "mic in" and "line out" ports with a simple splitter for anyone wondering. Now I'm trying to plug in a set of speakers as well so I can listen to audio without the headset on ALL the time. I don't want to buy a splitter or switch or have to use the front panel audio so I had an idea to use the mixamp still. What I am thinking is that I can plug the optical cord for the mixamp into the optical port on the back of the mobo for the audio out (what is essential the line out plug right now) and plug in the aux mp3 cord on the mixamp into the "mic in" port to maintain better microphone quality. This would open up my "line out" port and allow me to plug the speakers into it. Now I'm not sure if this will even work or if there is a better idea that I'm not thinking of right now (excluding front audio and buying something) and I would just like to get some advice on the idea. I have an ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero WIFI incase you would like to know exactly what's on the back panel.

Thank you so much in advance!

Just use a usb cable. The mixamp works with the PC. 

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

8 hours ago, TheDoctor165 said:

have it plugged into the "mic in" and "line out" ports with a simple splitter for anyone wondering.

you mean, with a headset adapter? 🙂 looks like a splitter, but is not wired the same

8 hours ago, TheDoctor165 said:

What I am thinking is that I can plug the optical cord for the mixamp into the optical port on the back of the mobo for the audio out (what is essential the line out plug right now) and plug in the aux mp3 cord on the mixamp into the "mic in" port to maintain better microphone quality. This would open up my "line out" port and allow me to plug the speakers into it.

Can you provide a picture of the mix amp ports? What I'm finding on google doesn't seem to match what you're describiing.

j6395e19fvt41.jpg

Pulled this from google.... those RCAs are inputs, so I don't think this thing supports speaker connections.