help: CPU is getting to hot

I have a i7-10700k not overclocked and when i am gaming it is reaching temps from around 80-90c even when the usage is under 50%. I've looked this up and I'm getting mixed answers on if this is an issue or not. its just that those high temps seem a little to hot. for example: when im playing Minecraft my CPU is getting to over 85c consistently sometimes to even 92c, which for long spans of time i know isn't good at all. i am running a ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler which i know is a budget cooler but the reviews where good and i didnt have alot of money to spend, so it seemed like a pretty good bang for the buck.

Should i remount the cooler and apply new paste? or should I go with a water cooling set up or just a better more expensive cooler

Someone please help

3 minutes ago, Stative_Tundra said:

I have a i7-10700k not overclocked and when i am gaming it is reaching temps from around 80-90c even when the usage is under 50%. I've looked this up and I'm getting mixed answers on if this is an issue or not. its just that those high temps seem a little to hot. for example: when im playing Minecraft my CPU is getting to over 85c consistently sometimes to even 92c, which for long spans of time i know isn't good at all. i am running a ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler which i know is a budget cooler but the reviews where good and i didnt have alot of money to spend, so it seemed like a pretty good bang for the buck.

Should i remount the cooler and apply new paste? or should I go with a water cooling set up or just a better more expensive cooler

Someone please help

One thing to check, is there enough mounting pressure. Or is the fans spinning and further more are they on right?

For Water cooling you'll need to do some research and for an Air Cooler I would recommend the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO or the Hyper 212 BE with or without RGB since they perform the same. They are roughly $40 or so and they are decent enough air cooler that will fit into majority Mid-Tower cases

Gaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 BE  |  GPU: ZOTAC GeForce RTX 3060 Twin Edge OC  | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 3200mhz  |  Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2  |  Storage:  WD Blue SN550 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD  |  Case:  Corsair 4000D Airflow  |  Power Supply: Corsair CX650w Bronze Series

Sounds like bad mounting indeed. Remount / repaste the cooler. Also make sure the sticker on the contact plate is removed.