File system for multiboot drive

I have created a multiboot USB drive using YUMI (multiboot installer). On it, I have a variety of different bootable tools, including Ubuntu with a persistent file, Windows Vista/7/8 40-in-1 multi installer (so basically it is like a boot disk but for every version of windows between vista and 8), and a whole load of linux-based and probably linux-based diagnostic & recovery tools (memtest86+ etc). FAT32 would be the obvious file system for this, mainly due to its compatibility, but the file size limit of ~4GiB makes it impossible because the windows installer has a file which is 7.9GiB, and so doesn't work when I try to put it on FAT32. I have installed it on an NTFS formatted drive now (including updating to the latest version of ubuntu), but now it just restarts when I tell ubuntu to boot as a live usb. Is this an issue with my installation of ubuntu, or does it dislike being installed on NTFS. If that is the case, what file system would you suggest?

Note: other bootable tools seem to be functioning, and the windows installer works.

HTTP/2 203

Did you try using exFAT? It doesn't have the same 4GB file restriction as FAT32.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

Did you try using exFAT? It doesn't have the same 4GB file restriction as FAT32.

I have looked into it, but my main restriction is that somewhere that I looked (ubuntu forums?), it said that ubuntu doesn't like exFAT. I will give it a go though.

HTTP/2 203

exFAT simply doesn't work unfortunately :'(

HTTP/2 203