Looking to build a $4500 usd gaming pc. Can anyone help?

Deviantbull95

Budget (including currency): 4,500 usd.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: sim games streaming internet browsing and light design apps 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): need everything. If anyone can come up wit a pcpart picker list or anything of the sort for a full tower screen and peripherals. Only important "theme" if you will is best performance for the price for gaming and so on... 

4 minutes ago, Deviantbull95 said:

Budget (including currency): 4,500 usd.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: sim games streaming internet browsing and light design apps 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): need everything. If anyone can come up wit a pcpart picker list or anything of the sort for a full tower screen and peripherals. Only important "theme" if you will is best performance for the price for gaming and so on... 

https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/#X=374267,444086 is a good place to look at already completed builds

Hi, I made something for you. There is some things that you can choose to change, to either save money, but it can be a good base to build on.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MLJry4

In gaming, the king is the intel i7-12700k. There is no point the go for the 12900k, it is more expensive, create more heat and is almost on par with the 12700.

For the cooler, personally I am not a fan of water cooling. It is more expensive and are usually cheap and brake after a while. They can be quieter, but noctua fan are pretty silent too. I went with the classic noctua UH-D15. (watch out I am not entirely sure, but I have heard that the intel 12th gen need new specialized mounting hardware because the chip is thinner. Something to look at) 

For the memory, if you want to stream and game at the same time 16gb will probably won't be enough, so I chose 32gb. As for the speed, I feel that past 3600mhz c16 there is marginal performance gains and will be a lot more expensive. (don't forget to enable xmp to activate the good memory speeds, if not it will stay at 2133mhz)

For the power supply, with your budget I would buy something like an rtx 3080 or higher (as much as you want to spend), the power usage on Nvidia rtx 3000 series seems to spike sometimes. That why I would come with something like a 1000 watt power supply.

For the GPU go with an rtx 3080 or higher.

The motherboard, I chose this one because it is in the lower range in price for motherboard with wifi. (YOU SHOULD NOT USE WIFI, but having Bluetooth seems useful to have)

For the storage, I chose a good nvme ssd with pcie 4.0. Personally, I think that you could save some money and go with a pci 3.0. You will never see the difference in real world. The big gains between the different pcie 3.0 and 4.0 is that sequential read and write speeds are faster. In the real world nothing is sequential, so you won't be able to tell the difference. It is possible that maybe in the future with direct storage (technology that will make game load faster) the loading time will be faster, but no game until now utilize the technology and we can't say if there is or not a difference. I chose 2tb because of your budget, but you could chose 1 tb instead to save money and use it on the graphics card.

The case is really to your liking.

For the screen, you don't seems to specify fps game or not. But I find that 4k screen really does make the difference. Game look a lot better than 1440p, and for web browsing and stuff I find it is well worth the upgrade (make text look a lot sharper). I chose one that is 144hz because the smoothness that it provide is well worth it. You could also look into the new samsung g7 (same basic specs), but it recently just came out and maybe wont be available. Check this video to see it compared to other similar screens. 

Recommend going this route. Got everything you should need in the list. That Commander Core XT will connect to all 6 RGB fans too btw. First 140mm fan set should be mounted at the front, as intake fans. Second 140mm fan kit should be mounted at the top, as exhaust fans. The 1 120mm fan at the back, as an exhaust fan too. You should have enough length to connect all of the RGB fans to the commander core xt, as long as you set that at a decent spot at the back of the case. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WQKry4

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($359.93 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler  ($109.95 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($264.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($139.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($122.38 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 870 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($119.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB TUF GAMING OC Video Card  ($989.00 @ B&H) 
Case: Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW ATX Mid Tower Case  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($134.99 @ Best Buy) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home 32/64-bit  ($139.00 @ Amazon) 
Case Fan: Corsair LL120 43.25 CFM 120 mm Fan  ($30.99 @ Amazon) 
Case Fan: Corsair LL140 51.5 CFM 140 mm Fans 2-Pack  ($75.98 @ Amazon) 
Case Fan: Corsair LL140 51.5 CFM 140 mm Fans 2-Pack  ($75.98 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: MSI Optix MAG272CQR 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor  ($315.99 @ Abt) 
Monitor: MSI Optix MAG272CQR 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor  ($315.99 @ Abt) 
Keyboard: Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($84.99 @ Corsair) 
Mouse: Corsair NIGHTSWORD RGB Wired Optical Mouse  ($79.98 @ Amazon) 
Speakers: Logitech Z337 w/BlueTooth 40 W 2.1 Channel Speakers  ($95.99 @ Newegg) 
Custom: CORSAIR iCUE Commander CORE XT, Digital Fan Speed and RGB Lighting Controller  ($54.99 @ Amazon) 
$3661.09

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

7 hours ago, ImperialKnightErrant said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8Vs2QD

I'd start from here, which gives you $800 to add on other things like a monitor or peripherals or a NAS for mass storage. I would go for Intel 12th Gen with DDR4 right now due to the ridiculous DDR5 prices which doesn't justify the cost to performance. 

He doesn't need a 1300W psu, and certainly not one at $300.

I picked the 1300W cause there's only a small price difference between Seasonic's 1000W and 1300W units. Feel free to swap out with any of Seasonic's 1000W Prime units. I would not go below 1000W on RTX 3080Ti and 3090. And I only build stuff with Seasonic PSUs

12 hours ago, ImperialKnightErrant said:

I picked the 1300W cause there's only a small price difference between Seasonic's 1000W and 1300W units. Feel free to swap out with any of Seasonic's 1000W Prime units. I would not go below 1000W on RTX 3080Ti and 3090. And I only build stuff with Seasonic PSUs

There are other alternatives to Seasonic. In fact you can get the Phanteks AMP 1000W for half the price if you insist on a Seasonic built unit. Or you can get something like the Corsair RMx 1000W and still pay ~$130 less.