Can I buy RAM now and use it only at a later time?

Go to solution Solved by aDoomGuy,
2 minutes ago, Gamer Guy said:

I'm being paranoid because return period will be over and "what if crucial asks the purchase date is 2 months older and you're RMAing it only now?" 馃槄

15 minutes ago, Gamer Guy said:

his is the kit I am going to buy and it says warranty is 10 years?

There. If the sticks get faulty within 10 years you should be able to replace them at no cost.

I got a very very good deal on Crucial Ballistix 3200C16 (E die) RAM, but I do not have a PC to test it. Can I buy the RAM today, register it in crucial and use it for the 1st time in February end - mid March? And if I find it faulty, can I RMA it because I registered it and the product is out of return period already? I cannot have the money to buy Motherboard, CPU, power supply to test the RAM, so thinking of getting it now and use later.

Warranty period is 3 years I believe. I'm sure it's more than a few months. Yeah shouldn't be a problem as long you buy a DDR4 motherboard for it.

17 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

Warranty period is 3 years I believe. I'm sure it's more than a few months. Yeah shouldn't be a problem as long you buy a DDR4 motherboard for it.

https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr4/bl2k8g32c16u4b#res-warranty

This is the kit I am going to buy and it says warranty is 10 years? (Under Warranty and returns section after full specifications)?

23 minutes ago, Gamer Guy said:

I got a very very good deal on Crucial Ballistix 3200C16 (E die) RAM

OMG, you could use it when ever you want. 馃槃聽It does not go bad overtime. 馃槃

11 minutes ago, Valentin17 said:

OMG, you could use it when ever you want. 馃槃聽It does not go bad overtime. 馃槃

I'm being paranoid because return period will be over and "what if crucial asks the purchase date is 2 months older and you're RMAing it only now?" 馃槄

2 minutes ago, Gamer Guy said:

15 minutes ago, Gamer Guy said:

his is the kit I am going to buy and it says warranty is 10 years?

There. If the sticks get faulty within 10 years you should be able to replace them at no cost.