How to get more FPS in Prison Architect?

Elijah Kamski
Go to solution Solved by Alvin853,
4 hours ago, Elijah Kamski said:

Ryzen 5 3600

That's not really a bad CPU, but not top of the line either. The game is just poorly optimized, not much you can do about it, unless you're willing to upgrade your CPU. Make sure your RAM is running at XMP speeds so you're not dragging your CPU down any further. But it doesn't run well even on top of the line CPUs. Guess the best advice is to not build large prisons.

Hey guys,

I've got a large prison map that doesn't even have prisoners yet, but it's buckling like crazy and it's not utilising all of my hardware yet as well.

image.png.fbf1107e478172bcb8050e6ac21c5ba6.png

What can I do to improve my FPS in this horribly still unoptimized game.

image.png

The game doesn't have proper multi core support, so it's limited by single core CPU performance. What CPU do you have?

30 minutes ago, Alvin853 said:

The game doesn't have proper multi core support, so it's limited by single core CPU performance. What CPU do you have?

Ryzen 5 3600

4 hours ago, Elijah Kamski said:

Ryzen 5 3600

That's not really a bad CPU, but not top of the line either. The game is just poorly optimized, not much you can do about it, unless you're willing to upgrade your CPU. Make sure your RAM is running at XMP speeds so you're not dragging your CPU down any further. But it doesn't run well even on top of the line CPUs. Guess the best advice is to not build large prisons.

21 hours ago, Alvin853 said:

F XD