PC restarts randomly, while playing demanding games.

Hi, first some info about my build.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700
16GB (8x2) Kingston (2133)
AB350M-D3H Gigabyte Motherboard
Zotac RTX 2060 (6 GB)
Corsair VS 550 80+ Bronze

From last week My PC started restarting randomly while anything resource intensive. And the restarts were instantaneous, that would ideally mean the power supply is not the issue.

I went through the usual checkups for overheating, resetting the BIOS, etc.

Finally I tried checking the RAM, when I tried both the sticks individually and they work fine and there is no restart, but when I have them both installed the PC restarts.

At this point I am not sure if this is a RAM issue or my motherboard, maybe the motherboard is not able to provide the proper voltages to both sticks at once?
I have read a few posts saying that an improperly seated CPU also may cause this, but I doubt that is the case as I have been using the PC for a while without any issues.

Note: I have never tried overclocking the CPU or RAM at any point of time.

Run memtest on each stick individually, if they both pass then run it with both. Make sure you populate the correct slots. If one passes and the other don't you know there is something wrong with the stick that failed and you need to replace it.

Your 550W PSU should be enough without me knowing anything about its condition. 

Upgrade your MBO BIOS to the latest version, also i would change this PSU for something like Seasonic 650GB model.

On 1/8/2022 at 7:36 PM, Valentin17 said:

Upgrade your MBO BIOS to the latest version, also i would change this PSU for something like Seasonic 650GB model.

Did this thinking this might help, it did not. But I noticed a weird thing, in some cases my bios would revert back to previous version after my restart problem. I am assuming that the constant restart some how corrupted my bios and the motherboard booted with the backup bios. I have never seen this happening before.

On 1/8/2022 at 7:35 PM, aDoomGuy said:

Run memtest on each stick individually, if they both pass then run it with both. Make sure you populate the correct slots. If one passes and the other don't you know there is something wrong with the stick that failed and you need to replace it.

Your 550W PSU should be enough without me knowing anything about its condition. 

I ran memtest for about 4 hours and 4 passes and no errors. So I guess I can rule out my ram.

And as both of you said, I am going to verify is it is my PSU. I have friend who just built a new system and he is ready to lend me his PSU for a week.