Budget (including currency): $4,000 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Autodesk MAYA, ZBrush, Unreal Engine 4 & 5

Other details: I'm looking at purchasing a PC, and I have decided I should go for a re-built or custom from someone as parts are too hard to get. Does anyone have any experience with purchasing PCs from NZXT? I've attached a photo of what I was looking at adding. I'm relatively new to computers, but I work in animation and modeling, and I know I need to upgrade. Currently I have an Alienware 17 r5 with 8th gen Intel i9, and a a GTX 1080. Updating the graphics card is incredibly important to me. But I'm also wondering if there is a huge jump from the 3080 to the 3090.  Thoughts on the build?

PCbuild.JPG

29 minutes ago, Krisanthemum said:

Budget (including currency): $4,000 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Autodesk MAYA, ZBrush, Unreal Engine 4 & 5

Other details: I'm looking at purchasing a PC, and I have decided I should go for a re-built or custom from someone as parts are too hard to get. Does anyone have any experience with purchasing PCs from NZXT? I've attached a photo of what I was looking at adding. I'm relatively new to computers, but I work in animation and modeling, and I know I need to upgrade. Currently I have an Alienware 17 r5 with 8th gen Intel i9, and a a GTX 1080. Updating the graphics card is incredibly important to me. But I'm also wondering if there is a huge jump from the 3080 to the 3090.  Thoughts on the build?

PCbuild.JPG

I recall seeing a builder, not sure if it was NZXT or not, mention that they will build a custom PC for $100.

If you can put together a custom list of parts (assumibg this wasn't your list), then I think $100 is a fair price for a build.

That's also assuming the part prices from NZXT are fair.

PSU Tier List   AMD Motherboard Tier List   SSD Tier List

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VwL2QD

this is a better PC, even taking into account buying a 3090 from a scalper on eBay. That case can't keep a 3090 cool, same with an 11900k. Also, relatively speaking 11th gen Intel was slow, and you should really go 12th gen. the 12700k wipes the floor with the 11900k, for much less as well. If you biggest concern is getting a GPU for a decent price, don't bother, since it's really not saving you anything, and honestly losing you money. If you don't want to build it, look on Craigslist, there are going to be a ton of 15-20 y/o offering to build your computer for ~$50.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I'd be surprised if that NZXT PC didn't blow up thanks to that PSU. Look up the Gamers Nexus coverage of it if you want to see it for yourself. 

16 minutes ago, Caroline said:

I'd still scrap the AIO, if OP really wants liquid cooling so bad for whatever reason (THE LOOKS!!!!!) then custom loop is a better option with that budget, otherwise stick to air for performance, durability and peace of mind.

I'd personally go for air cooling for reliability and stuff, but a 360mm AIO will still outperform any air cooler on the market. Plus look at the price of it, $130. Good luck fitting a custom loop into that budget. 

AS for storage I was mainly just going for parody with the NZXT build. You really should be aiming for more than 1TB of storage, even for just a gaming rig. 

Recommend just going for the 3080Ti instead.

NZXT Revised Build

H510 Elite | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core 3.7GHz | Nvidia GeForce RTX™ 3080 Ti | ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz | 2x Western Digital SN570 1TB | NZXT Kraken Z63 with LCD display | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W G5 Gold | NZXT Internal USB Expansion

Subtotal: $3,664

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

On 1/7/2022 at 1:11 PM, Caroline said:

$25 for a cheap plastic USB hub

$4K build still no air intake 

The H510 ELITE has lackluster, but still a decent amount of air intake, and there are some places (Google is your friend) that sell aftermarket front mesh panels to give you much better airflow (by replacing the front glass panel with a mesh one).

I wish that NZXT would add the new NZXT Flow case to the build, because it improves on the airflow quite a bit tbh.

I would never recommend the original H510 case though, because that crap is horrible! Idk what they were smoking when they made that case, but I want none of it.

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

The parts list includes a PSU that's been recalled for exploding, and it's all put together by a company that made a product with a very real risk of burning your house down (like, it wasn't just failing with a bit of smoke, but actual open flames), and denied it being a problem for months, followed by a half-assed fix that didn't really fix it