Need Help With GPU Crashing!

Alterlai

If all else fails, I guess you can re-install Windows another time.

So. I have a pretty interresting story on my hand here.

After getting down to my last resort. I decided to install windows 8 (since i still had a key laying around).

While hoping it wouldn't crash again after starting up a game, it crashed. (sad face)

So at this point it was clear it was a hardware problem. So I decided to try and reseat the gpu and clean some of the connectors. 

After opening my case, i quickly discoverd the 4 pin connector of the gpu was only halfway in the socket. So i immidiately pushed the connector into place.

So now it all makes sense. It would only crash when playing games because it would require more electricity. Guess it wasn't a driver problem after all...

Now that this is all over, I have a brand new windows 8 install that i can use. 

What have I learned:

- Check hardware before making drasic software overhauls...

- Don't stay up till 4am troubleshooting.

Thanks for the help and hopefully you can take this advice with you.

Cheers

CPU:

Intel Core i5 2500k - Motherboard: Asus maximus iv gene-z - RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance Blue 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - GPU: ASUS GTX 770 DirectCU II
Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 II - Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate barracuda 3TB PSU: XFX 650W XXX Edition Modular PSU - Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 Pro
Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 - Sound: Razer Characias

Haaaah...so the problem all along was a loose cable. Guess sometimes even the most simple thing can cause a huge amount of drama.