Laptop Screen Upgrade

I have an Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH with an NV156FHM-N48 monitor (as I can tell by MonInfo), but I'm thinking about changing it to an NV156FHM-NY1 or NV156FHM-NY4, they have the same size (except by the depth) and both works with 30 pins, but the Panel Power consumption and input current are higher in the last two models. Is it safe to change from one to another? I've uploaded an image with the important differences listed in PaneLook

Differences.png

20 minutes ago, MiSalocin said:

I have an Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH with an NV156FHM-N48 monitor (as I can tell by MonInfo), but I'm thinking about changing it to an NV156FHM-NY1 or NV156FHM-NY4, they have the same size (except by the depth) and both works with 30 pins, but the Panel Power consumption and input current are higher in the last two models. Is it safe to change from one to another? I've uploaded an image with the important differences listed in PaneLook

Differences.png

I don't think you would run into any problems by changing the screens. The current draw increase isn't too significant especially if that laptop has diffrent screens that you could configure in the first place. I've changed a laptop screen in the past from a hp to a dell and it worked just fine. (the panels were diffrent)

My experience has been that as long as the chassis generation is the same, the screens will be interchangeable about 99% of the time.  Power consumption should only matter for battery life.  And most manufacturers aren't going to net any savings gain from using specialized cabling for the displays (using cheaper cables with lower power/lower res screens)--because that is such a cheap part and the hassle of keeping the 2 parts separated on the supply end, would eat up any theoretical savings.