Motherboard Ethernet Not Working

AdvocateOfNyx
Go to solution Solved by AdvocateOfNyx,

tl;dr check other points of failure more closely

Okay, so I am NOT crazy.  Or maybe from a reader's perspective I am, I'm not sure.  The problem ended up being that the GFI that our switch is plugged in to keeps getting tripped, which is why it was cutting in and out.  It finally went out for good.  Our switch only has one tiny LED on it, and with the lights on, I didn't notice that it was turned off.  I went back in there to check it again and forgot to turn the lights on, therefore I noticed that the little green glow was missing.  Seems like an electrical problem instead of a PC problem!  The time I tested my xbox's connection was when it was going in and out, so maybe I should have checked it again once it was out for good.  Anyways, glad to find out my brand-new motherboard doesn't already have a fried NIC. 

My ethernet seems to have stopped working.  Earlier today it cut out twice but eventually came back, and then it finally cut out a third time after about 2 hours and has not come back since.  My house has ethernet wired through the walls to ports, similar to an electrical outlet, but instead it has ethernet ports.  These do not seem to be the problem.  Windows troubleshooter told me that there did not appear to be an ethernet cable connect/it was not connected correctly.  The lights on my motherboard next to the ethernet port do not light up when there is a cable plugged in like they usually do.  Here are the steps I've done to troubleshoot so far:

Unplug/replug ethernet to both wall and PC

3 different ethernet cables, one known good from my xbox (in the same outlet my xbox is plugged in to, so it isn't the outlets)

Unplug/replug cables to network hub (just in case)

disable/reenable all network devices in device manager

Inspected the port for any physical damage

Restarted PC

Installed Intel LAN drivers for my motherboard and Windows version from Asrock's website

Remove and reinstall the device from device manager

attempted to find the ethernet port in the bios to ensure it was enabled (was unable to locate it and a google search leading to a forum discussion suggested that disabling this port in bios is not an option on this motherboard)

Anyone have any ideas as to what the issue could be?  Thank you!

PC Specs:

System Builder - Core i5-11600K 3.9 GHz 6-Core, Radeon RX VEGA 56 8 GB PULSE, Smilodon ATX-612WB ATX Mid Tower w/500 W Power Supply - PCPartPicker

Windows 11 Pro

-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-

tl;dr check other points of failure more closely

Okay, so I am NOT crazy.  Or maybe from a reader's perspective I am, I'm not sure.  The problem ended up being that the GFI that our switch is plugged in to keeps getting tripped, which is why it was cutting in and out.  It finally went out for good.  Our switch only has one tiny LED on it, and with the lights on, I didn't notice that it was turned off.  I went back in there to check it again and forgot to turn the lights on, therefore I noticed that the little green glow was missing.  Seems like an electrical problem instead of a PC problem!  The time I tested my xbox's connection was when it was going in and out, so maybe I should have checked it again once it was out for good.  Anyways, glad to find out my brand-new motherboard doesn't already have a fried NIC. 

-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-