[SOLVED] Low CPU and GPU Utilization in Some Games but not Others

So, I've been having issues with some games not utilizing my gpu and cpu.  In Tarcov and GTA5 I get about 4-5 frames no matter what settings (literally all settings in game don't change fps at all). During these games my CPU usage is about 0-10% and same for my gpu. Yet, when I play Warzone I get 144fps at mostly high settings with cpu usage around 50%, and gpu usage at 80-100%. Games such as rocket league, overwatch, league of legends, and NFS also run well. I have done all the simple troubleshooting like updating drivers and BIOS, turning off RAM boosting and turning it on in BIOS (same issue regardless), chipset drivers updated too. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the games multiple times as well. I've changed power plan to AMD ryzen high performance, I've changed GPU settings to max power usage for performance in Nvidia control panel. I had an all-brand new pc except for the gpu which I got a few months ago. I DDU'd my GPU drivers last night and it didn't help as well. Temps never get to high and remain stable all the way through. Yes, it really is 4-5 fps too because it looks like a PowerPoint slideshow, so the ticker isn't wrong.    

PC Specs:

AMD Ryzen 3700X 

MSI GeForce RTX 3060

G.SKILL 16GB 2X8 D4 3600 TRIZ RGB

NZXT KRAKEN X53 LIQUID COOLER

ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS WIFI

EVGA 750GT 80+G FM ATX PSU

I'm confused because this seems to happen in CPU intensive games. To get 4-5 frames and almost 0 usage from cpu and gpu is weird. It's like my pc won't detect these games. I know my pc can run them with ease but it's like it won't try too. Based on performance in other games CPU is not bottlenecking my GPU. It really is puzzling that it happens in some games rather than others. Wondering if I can get some help?? 

I’m having the same problem. Single digit FPS in certain games (Tarkov, Witcher 3, Destiny 2) while other games are running perfectly (The Division 2, Battlefield 2042). I’ve taken similar steps to yourself but no joy.

I notice that we have the same motherboard and graphics card – could that have something to do with it?

Don’t mean to hijack your post but my systems specs are below if any of it might be helpful to anyone that can come up with a solution.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus WiFi

MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ventus 2X 12G OC LHR Graphics Card

Samsung 980 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD

G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) SniperX 3600MHz DDR4 RAM

Previously had 4x4GB Vengeance LPX RAM but in researching this problem I read that there could be an issue with the LPX RAM, x570 and Ryzen CPU so I swapped in the G.Skill (and increased to 32GB – no difference)

5 minutes ago, BanditHeeler said:

I’m having the same problem. Single digit FPS in certain games (Tarkov, Witcher 3, Destiny 2) while other games are running perfectly (The Division 2, Battlefield 2042). I’ve taken similar steps to yourself but no joy.

I notice that we have the same motherboard and graphics card – could that have something to do with it?

Don’t mean to hijack your post but my systems specs are below if any of it might be helpful to anyone that can come up with a solution.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus WiFi

MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ventus 2X 12G OC LHR Graphics Card

Samsung 980 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD

G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) SniperX 3600MHz DDR4 RAM

Previously had 4x4GB Vengeance LPX RAM but in researching this problem I read that there could be an issue with the LPX RAM, x570 and Ryzen CPU so I swapped in the G.Skill (and increased to 32GB – no difference)

NO THANK YOU! I'm glad you are here so we are in it together. Is your GPU and CPU usage very low as well in these games? Like my GPU usage and CPU usage are average 2%. I'm wondering if it's the motherboard somehow impacted in these games.... 

I just loaded up Witcher 3 (one of the "problem" games) - CPU usage is around 10%, GPU is around 20%. Then I tried BF2042 - around 40-50% CPU and 60-70% GPU. Weird.

6 minutes ago, BanditHeeler said:

I just loaded up Witcher 3 (one of the "problem" games) - CPU usage is around 10%, GPU is around 20%. Then I tried BF2042 - around 40-50% CPU and 60-70% GPU. Weird.

Not sure where to begin to be honest. Especially since its only certain games I just don't know what it is about these games that makes it does that. Like if it's a hardware issue why does this problem discriminate? 

35 minutes ago, BanditHeeler said:

I FIXED MY ISSUE! Do you by chance work from home with a program called Citrix Workplace? It had an update the destroys performance in games that use DirectX 11 such as Tarcov and GTAV. If you still have your issue, I'll help you out and do more research lmk! Luckily, I can just uninstall the program because I no longer need it but scroll to the bottom of the thread on how to reinstall it without the feature that causes the problem if you do need it. 

Result!

I uninstalled citrix and the "problem" games ran fine - I tried re-installing from the CMD prompt as per the other post and they still run fine, so that is great.

Of all the potential problems that I could think of I don't think I ever would have come up with that one.

Thanks for coming back and adding the info to this thread. Cheers

5 minutes ago, BanditHeeler said:

Result!

I uninstalled citrix and the "problem" games ran fine - I tried re-installing from the CMD prompt as per the other post and they still run fine, so that is great.

Of all the potential problems that I could think of I don't think I ever would have come up with that one.

Thanks for coming back and adding the info to this thread. Cheers

Cheers to you as well! I was shocked that I randomly came by that thread. I followed a trail through like 2-3 threads to get to the solution. I was close to going insane. Happy Gaming! 

If anyone comes across this thread. Citrix Workspace causes problems in games that run DirectX 11 and below. Causes horrid CPU and GPU usage resulting in 5-10fps. Uninstall then restart pc and reinstall if needed with these steps:

1.Uninstall Citrix Workspace and grab the installer again from their website.

2. Open up command prompt with Start > CMD.

3. C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\CitrixWorkspaceApp.exe ADDLOCAL=ReceiverInside,ICA_Client,AM,SELFSERVICE,DesktopViewer,Flash,Vd3d,WebHelper,BrowserEngine

(Replace C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\CitrixWorkspaceApp.exe with the installer's directory)

This will install Citrix Workspace without Workspace Hub which has the Citrix Casting driver causing the crashing.

More details and an addition potential fix to Citrix caused issues can be found here:
https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/1743358239830363122/

On 1/6/2022 at 2:25 AM, Eitama said:

If anyone comes across this thread. Citrix Workspace causes problems in games that run DirectX 11 and below. Causes horrid CPU and GPU usage resulting in 5-10fps. Uninstall then restart pc and reinstall if needed with these steps:

1.Uninstall Citrix Workspace and grab the installer again from their website.

2. Open up command prompt with Start > CMD.

3. C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\CitrixWorkspaceApp.exe ADDLOCAL=ReceiverInside,ICA_Client,AM,SELFSERVICE,DesktopViewer,Flash,Vd3d,WebHelper,BrowserEngine

(Replace C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\CitrixWorkspaceApp.exe with the installer's directory)

This will install Citrix Workspace without Workspace Hub which has the Citrix Casting driver causing the crashing.

More details and an addition potential fix to Citrix caused issues can be found here:
https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/1743358239830363122/

Dude, I created an account just to thank you for providing the solution with a clear guide! I've struggling with this for a while, and it cause other problems like games being unable to on top of running with low fps.