need expert help for my upgrade

hi right now im using maximus ixcode+i57500+64gig of ram and windows 11 pro 64bit im not plan for gaming because i have console i use computer for doing my company work on it and watching movie and surfing the web
recently i see ASUS-ROG-STRIX-B560-E-GAMING-WIFI-LGA1200-11th-Motherboard and i7-11700K LGA1200  and i like it but i want to know youre idea too should i upgrade from maximus ix code to strix b560 e or i keep my current motherboard?
happy new year and wish you all health and success and thanks for helping me outredface.png

27 minutes ago, DavisWolff22 said:

hi right now im using maximus ixcode+i57500+64gig of ram and windows 11 pro 64bit im not plan for gaming because i have console i use computer for doing my company work on it and watching movie and surfing the web
recently i see ASUS-ROG-STRIX-B560-E-GAMING-WIFI-LGA1200-11th-Motherboard and i like it but i want to know youre idea too should i upgrade from maximus ix code to strix b560 e or i keep my current motherboard?
happy new year and wish you all health and success and thanks for helping me outredface.png

I suppose the question I would ask, is why do you want to upgrade and do you need to upgrade?

If your just using the computer for general SOHO stuff then what you've got should be pretty good for a while to come. I myself use a number old Dell Optiplex PCs, each with 7500 i5's and they do me just fine albeit with SSDs fitted rather than mechanical hard disks.

I would also say that the ASUS-ROG-STRIX-B560-E-GAMING-WIFI-LGA1200 mobo is a different CPU socket to your i5 7500 so buying this motherboard will require you to buy a new CPU as well.

Bedroom PC - Lian-Li O11 XL Evo - Intel Core i5 13600k @ 5.4P / 4.4EGhz -  MSI Pro-A Wifi Z790 Mobo DDR5 - 32GB Ram - Gigabyte RTX 4090 - 1TB Samsung 990Pro NVMe - Corsair HX1200i PSU - Dual Custom Loop Cooling - GPU cooled with EK Quantum Surface S240 + EK Quantum Surface P360M X-Flow Rads - CPU cooled with EK Quantum Surface X360M Rad

Living Room PC - Hyte Y60 - Intel Core i9 9900k @ 5Ghz -  MSI Meg Ace Z390 Mobo - 16GB Ram - Palit RTX 3080ti - 256GB Samsung NVMe - Corsair AX850 PSU - CPU + GPU cooled with Hyte Y60 Corner Distro Plate - EK Coolstream S120 + EK Quantum Surface S360 + EK Quantum Surface X240M

Extension PC - Lian Li o11 Dynamic - Intel Core i7 8086k @ 5.1Ghz -  Gbyte Z390 I Aorus Pro Wifi Mobo - 16GB Ram - EVGA RTX 2080ti - 256GB Samsung NVMe - EVGA B5 850W PSU - CPU + GPU cooled with dual EKWB 360 Rads + G1 side EKWB distro plate.

Office - Thermaltake Tower 100 - Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.1Ghz - Gbyte Z390 I Aorus Pro Wifi Mobo - 16GB Ram - EVGA GTX 1080ti - 256GB Samsung NVMe - EVGA B5 850W PSU - CPU + GPU cooled with dual EK Quantum Surface P120M Rads + Barrow 3-in-1 Block, Res & Pump.

Annex - Corsair 250D - Intel Core i7 3770k - Asus P8Z77 I Delux Mobo - 16GB Ram - EVGA GTX 980ti - 256GB Corsair SSD - BeQuiet P11 750 PSU - CPU cooled with EK Coolstream S240 + S120 Rads + EK Pump / Res Combo

Office - Corsair 280X - Intel Core i7 4790k - Asrock H97M ITX Mobo  - 16GB Ram - EVGA GTX 980 - Corsair SFXL600 PSU - CPU + GPU cooled with triple EK Coolstream S240s + EK Pump / Res Combo

NAS PC - Fractal Node 804 - Intel Core i7 3770k - Asus P8Z77-M Mobo - 16GB Ram - MSI GTX 1660 Ventus - Corsair AX850 PSU - Unraid 15TB Storage Server

Living Room AV Setup 5.1.4 - Yamaha RX-A2060 - 2 x B&W CM9s2 - 2 x Monitor Audio FX Silvers - 4 x B&W CCM665s - B&W CMCs2 - SVS SB13 Ultra - LG OLED65C1

Extension AV Setup - Sonos ARC + Sub (Gen 3) - LG OLED65C6V + Yamaha RX-A1070 - 5 x Monitor Audio C265s (2 Zones)

Bedroom AV Setup - Yamaha WXC-50 - 2 x B&W CM1s - Rel Quake - LG OLED42C2.

51 minutes ago, DavisWolff22 said:

recently i see ASUS-ROG-STRIX-B560-E-GAMING-WIFI-LGA1200-11th-Motherboard and i like it but i want to know youre idea too should i upgrade from maximus ix code to strix b560 e or i keep my current motherboard?

different socket(mobo) different architecture(proc). must fit at both side

1 hour ago, DavisWolff22 said:

If you want an upgrade, later this week Intel is expected to release non-K 12th gen cpu. Something like an i5-12400 or i5-12500 would be a significant upgrade. Accompanying the new cpu will be motherboards that support them. I expect Asus will have ROG Strix B660 and H670 motherboards for these cpu.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

12 hours ago, ChrisLoudon said:

I suppose the question I would ask, is why do you want to upgrade and do you need to upgrade?

If your just using the computer for general SOHO stuff then what you've got should be pretty good for a while to come. I myself use a number old Dell Optiplex PCs, each with 7500 i5's and they do me just fine albeit with SSDs fitted rather than mechanical hard disks.

I would also say that the ASUS-ROG-STRIX-B560-E-GAMING-WIFI-LGA1200 mobo is a different CPU socket to your i5 7500 so buying this motherboard will require you to buy a new CPU as well.

i know about the cpu its not problem for cpu i want to know about mobo its worth upgrade or i keep that right now i edit my post to expalin better

5 minutes ago, DavisWolff22 said:

i know about the cpu its not problem for cpu i want to know about mobo its worth upgrade or i keep that right now i edit my post to expalin better

To upgrade to the STRIX B560-E motherboard you would have to upgrade the cpu to a 10th or 11th gen Intel cpu, e.g. i5-10400 or i5-11400.

Are there particular features of the STRIX B560-E that you want or need?

On 1/3/2022 at 3:53 PM, brob said:

To upgrade to the STRIX B560-E motherboard you would have to upgrade the cpu to a 10th or 11th gen Intel cpu, e.g. i5-10400 or i5-11400.

Are there particular features of the STRIX B560-E that you want or need?

ithink both have same features but ix code abit powerful in other hand b560 and supported cpu is up to date i have my setup for like 3 years i save a bit money and this is why i come here to ask if it worth upgrade or i keep the setup  

Unless you are dissatisfied with the performance of your current system, I'd suggest waiting a bit before considering an upgrade.

On 1/4/2022 at 3:30 PM, brob said:

Unless you are dissatisfied with the performance of your current system, I'd suggest waiting a bit before considering an upgrade.

im satisfied with the performance of my pc no slowdown no lag after 3 years of useing no problem at all i just 2 years ago upgrade to full ssd (OS-Storage-work files)full ssd setup and i never face any slow down even i update bios to latest version for support windows 11 and work perfect with no problem at all.but you know for make a up to date system for latest things.honestly i dont know its worth upgrade from 7gen to 11 gen(i want to waiting abit for next gen cpu for all company to bring up new hardware like more ddr5 ram and motherboard and new gen ssd)so really i dont really know what i must do this is why i come here to ask other experts about this

This summer is probably going to be a good time to evaluate upgrade options. Intel just announced new 12th gen cpu and chipsets. Once these cpu have been independently evaluated, you will be able to decide which, if any would be a suitable upgrade.

DDR5 is apparently available in Europe. It remains expensive and I doubt it will prove cost effective this year. Supply in N.Am. is still nonexistent and I don't think it's any better in Asia. So any upgrade this year will likely use DDR4. For most use cases there is no material performance difference at the moment.

13 hours ago, brob said:

This summer is probably going to be a good time to evaluate upgrade options. Intel just announced new 12th gen cpu and chipsets. Once these cpu have been independently evaluated, you will be able to decide which, if any would be a suitable upgrade.

DDR5 is apparently available in Europe. It remains expensive and I doubt it will prove cost effective this year. Supply in N.Am. is still nonexistent and I don't think it's any better in Asia. So any upgrade this year will likely use DDR4. For most use cases there is no material performance difference at the moment.

yeah you are right,ikeep my lovely maximus and do the same things you say to me cz speed and quality of my mobo just like i buy it today and honestly its working amazing for my daily work so thanks alot for everything