3200mhz + ryzen 3 2200g

Go to solution Solved by Alan GE,

the issue was not from the ram .. it was from the GPU frequency settings .. i adjusted it .. it works

Hello .

I just bought Kingston fury (2x8) 16gb kit . i installed it in b350m-a prime motherboard .

Kingston Fury

it reads the speed 3200mhz which is good. but the problem is when I play games (valorant,warzone) the pc turns off o.O ?

is it something related to the ram and how do I check?

Turn off XMP, and see if the problem persists. You have to do A/B testing with this kind of thing. Older Ryzen chips have notoriously bad memory controllers, and don't handle high speed memory very well, so you might have to just turn down the memory frequency until it cooperates.

38 minutes ago, Revioli said:

Turn off XMP, and see if the problem persists. You have to do A/B testing with this kind of thing. Older Ryzen chips have notoriously bad memory controllers, and don't handle high speed memory very well, so you might have to just turn down the memory frequency until it cooperates.

I tried 3000mhz and even the default 2400mhz . turned off xmp .. still no luck 😕

Are you using the latest BIOS version? It could be a compatibility issue, which newer versions might have fixed.

9 minutes ago, Revioli said:

Are you using the latest BIOS version? It could be a compatibility issue, which newer versions might have fixed.

yea i just updated the bios to the latest version .. the issue still exists

the issue was not from the ram .. it was from the GPU frequency settings .. i adjusted it .. it works