Can't convert MBR to GPT

Quivz
Go to solution Solved by kb5zue,

I use the AOMEI Partition Assistant for my drive issues.  So far I haven't found anything that it couldn't fix.  Maybe it can help you, only way to find out is to try.  And it is FREE too.  Just don't forget to click the button in the top left corner between steps.

https://www.diskpart.com/free-partition-manager.html

Good Luck and happy holiday.

I had 2 4tb seagate barracudas in a dock and one day they stopped working properly. I lost all the data on both of them. There was nothing on there i majorly lament losing. I've scanned one of the drives and found no errors.

For some reason the drive has initialised as MBR and i cant get it to switch to GPT. Windows disk management cant do it, and Minitool partition wizard (free version) tells me its completed the conversion successfully, but as soon as i close the confirmation dialogue its shows MBR again. Obviously i want to get it to GPT because its a 4tb drive.

Any advice?

I use the AOMEI Partition Assistant for my drive issues.  So far I haven't found anything that it couldn't fix.  Maybe it can help you, only way to find out is to try.  And it is FREE too.  Just don't forget to click the button in the top left corner between steps.

https://www.diskpart.com/free-partition-manager.html

Good Luck and happy holiday.

Ah... Yup that appears to have done the trick. Weird that minitool couldn't get it done though...

Cheers!

11 hours ago, Quivz said:

Ah... Yup that appears to have done the trick. Weird that minitool couldn't get it done though...

Cheers!

Glad that you were able to get the problem taken care of.