Mount HDD in case without trays

SSK-99

Hi all,

I built my PC over a year ago, and now want to install a 2TB 3.5" drive into my GameMax Kamikaze Pro case. I didn't realise but the case didn't come with any trays for the HDD to be mounted with. None of the YT vids of the case show anyone actually using the drive bay so I have no idea what I should be buying to be able to install the drive, or if i should be looking around for something that came with the case (like screws or something).HDD1.thumb.jpg.be1c4693d9d2e699d64cc9a6de009097.jpgHDD2.thumb.jpg.f9603d96333b4d5b46df7c2456108e0a.jpg

I've attached pictures of the bay if it helps.

Any help appreciated, thanks all.

I was looking around at some of the videos reviewing this case, and as you said, none of them actually use the drive bay. I did find this website reviewing the case, and if you look closely at this picture of the back of the case, you can see something that looks like a brightly coloured bracket. I looked at another video for a different model of the case, the Expedition, and it looks like it has the same brackets.

20191014_131939.webp.fa4b28c6f44e2c1b8ff2ce92435b6731.webp

If you look closely, there's a bracket holding the hard drive.

This is the other model that has a similar looking bracket.

The timestamp is 6:46. You might need to find that bracket, or if you haven't used the 2.5 inch drive cradle on the front, you could use that as well.

20191014_105245.thumb.webp.34b39f387fb0ba1bbbdafe7b4755fad1.webp

-Hazmat

I'd suggest reaching out to GameMax on their website or on twitter or something and ask if they can send you two HDD cradles for your case. If you lucky, they may even send them for free. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

1 hour ago, Nathanpete said:

I'd suggest reaching out to GameMax on their website or on twitter or something and ask if they can send you two HDD cradles for your case. If you lucky, they may even send them for free. 

Worth a try, thanks!

1 hour ago, Hazmatguy said:

I was looking around at some of the videos reviewing this case, and as you said, none of them actually use the drive bay. I did find this website reviewing the case, and if you look closely at this picture of the back of the case, you can see something that looks like a brightly coloured bracket. I looked at another video for a different model of the case, the Expedition, and it looks like it has the same brackets.

20191014_131939.webp.fa4b28c6f44e2c1b8ff2ce92435b6731.webp

If you look closely, there's a bracket holding the hard drive.

This is the other model that has a similar looking bracket.

The timestamp is 6:46. You might need to find that bracket, or if you haven't used the 2.5 inch drive cradle on the front, you could use that as well.

20191014_105245.thumb.webp.34b39f387fb0ba1bbbdafe7b4755fad1.webp

Thanks for looking into this for me, I'll have a look into the cradle used in the Expedition.

Can you clarify what you meant by being able to use the 2.5 inch drive cradle? I don't see how that would fit.

1 hour ago, SSK-99 said:

Can you clarify what you meant by being able to use the 2.5 inch drive cradle? I don't see how that would fit.

It won't, I have no clue why he suggested that, you clearly stated you needed to mount 3.5" drives.

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

9 hours ago, SSK-99 said:

Thanks for looking into this for me, I'll have a look into the cradle used in the Expedition.

Sorry about that, I thought you said 2.5 inch. I haven't slept much lol. I'm glad I could provide some more info!

-Hazmat