SAMSUNG Odyssey G7 Series 32-Inch WQHD (2560x1440) Gaming Monitor, 240Hz, Curved, 1ms, HDMI, G-Sync,

Go to solution Solved by rotexen,
9 hours ago, rotexen said:

hi, after testing both monitors for a while now i dont like the samsung and will use it as second monitor

its just i dont get used to it 

so i'm going for the asus as main monitor and samsung g7 on the side

20211223_170020.jpg

i sold the samsung g7 

is the SAMSUNG Odyssey G7 Series 32-Inch good for playing games like world of warcraft shadowlands ?

thats the only game i play

hahahahahaHAHAHAHA !!! you play WoW ! ..still?!

i jest ofc 😛

but...

Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime...unless u try and buy it now..which u cant ..because its been so successful they have pulled the game form sale due to to many people playing 😛

Ok now seriously.. Yes that display is fine for gaming. It along with the G9 and Neo G9 are the best VA panel monitors currently out.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Yes.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, SolarNova said:

hahahahahaHAHAHAHA !!! you play WoW ! ..still?!

i jest ofc 😛

but...

Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime...unless u try and buy it now..which u cant ..becouse its been so succeful they have pulled the game form sale due to to many people playing 😛

Ok now seriously.. Yes that display is fine for gaming. It along with the G9 and Neo G9 are the best VA panel monitors currently out.

yeah man its may fav game:D yeah i know final fantasy 

been using the samsung g7 for a while now

and sometimes i switch between my 2 monitors

my second monitor is asus pg279q

i have to say both are good but not the same

the colors are different

16 hours ago, rotexen said:

yeah man its may fav game:D yeah i know final fantasy 

been using the samsung g7 for a while now

and sometimes i switch between my 2 monitors

my second monitor is asus pg279q

i have to say both are good but not the same

the colors are different

20211222_144551.jpg

You can get the colors effectively identical with calibration.

Any difference beyond that will be with contrast as ur comparing a IPS with a VA.

A proper calibration requires a consumer grade calibrator like the X-Rite i1 Display Pro, alternatively u can search for display calibration services in your area.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

36 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

You can get the colors effectively identical with calibration.

Any difference beyond that will be with contrast as ur comparing a IPS with a VA.

A proper calibration requires a consumer grade calibrator like the X-Rite i1 Display Pro, alternatively u can search for display calibration services in your area.

hey,

yeah i think need to buy a calibrator

and by the way which monitor do u think should i make main monitor

the samsung or asus?

the racing rgb mode in the asus is similar to the fps mode in samsung

but as u said need a calibration

2 minutes ago, rotexen said:

hey,

yeah i think need to buy a calibrator

and by the way which monitor do u think should i make main monitor

the samsung or asus?

The IPS display lends itself to of center viewing, having a VA panel to the side can result in color and contrast shift. As such i'd recommend having the VA panel G7 as ur main monitors front and center with the IPS PG279Q to the side.

1 minute ago, SolarNova said:

The IPS display lends itself to of center viewing, having a VA panel to the side can result in color and contrast shift. As such i'd recommend having the VA panel G7 as ur main monitors front and center with the IPS PG279Q to the side.

ok i'll try it now and let you know

Aye looks fine.

Just make sure to adjust the G7 so that its as dead straight to your eyes as possible when in ur normal seated position.

20 hours ago, SolarNova said:

Aye looks fine.

Just make sure to adjust the G7 so that its as dead straight to your eyes as possible when in ur normal seated position.

hi, after testing both monitors for a while now i dont like the samsung and will use it as second monitor

20211223_170020.jpg

9 hours ago, rotexen said:

20211223_170020.jpg

i sold the samsung g7