Increase contrast for HDR Mode

pcloverbutnomoney

My Asus TUF monitor have good color accuracy and I love it. But I kinda feel like the HDR mode's contrast is bit less than how it supposed to. I compared HDR content with the Sony TV which has excellent HDR handling and everything looks identical (of course except the brightness and contrast). But I went to the Nvidia control panel and then Adjust Desktop Color Settings -> Contrast I turned this to 60% from 50% default value and I immediately noticed the improvement on the HDR content on my monitor and while comparing with I can't see any color differences within both panels (Again not the brightness part). So my question is, is it possible to keep that Contrast value from Adjust Desktop Color Settings only when HDR is turned on? Or is there any other ways to do this

P.S: Monitor's settings contrast can't be adjusted when HDR is active.

Try the Windows HDR settings.

CPURyzen 7 5800X with Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO & push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO & 2x Arctic P12 PWM fans Case: Antec P5

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

You just changed the gamma curve with the setting you changed. It doesn't actually increase contrast because that is something that cannot be changed in software. Contrast ultimately is limited by what the display can do. As your TV most likely is a VA panel and your monitor most likely is IPS, there is no way to overcome the technological advantage VA panels have in contrast with software.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.