Amazon Photo Storage

Error 504

hi, does anybody use this service?

according to amazon, it's free with unlimited space.

kind of like a cloud storage for pictures.

i guess it beats jamming all my pix into a backup hard drive,

but i have never used it before, so not sure about its security and reliability.

thanks.

It's free unlimitedly for Amazon Prime members:

As a Prime member, you get unlimited photo storage and 5 GB for video. Looking for more video storage? Storage plans start at $1.99/month.

What happens to my photos if I leave Amazon Prime?
If you cancel your Amazon Prime membership, or allow it to expire, you’ll still retain the 5 GB combined photos and video storage offered to all Amazon customers. Learn more about Amazon storage limits and what happens if you exceed them here.

So not really free.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

4 hours ago, tikker said:

It's free unlimitedly for Amazon Prime members:

So not really free.

i don't know. i got this in the email. it does show a 5gb number at the bottom of the app, but no matter how many pictures i upload, it just stays at 0gb / 5gb.

let me try upload more crap and see if i can max it out.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

4 minutes ago, Error 504 said:

i don't know. i got this in the email. it does show a 5gb number at the bottom of the app, but no matter how many pictures i upload, it just stays at 0gb / 5gb.

let me try upload more crap and see if i can max it out.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Well the email clearly mentions Prime, so it makes sense it is unlimited for now. Either you are a Prime customer already or that's included in the $15 trial it's offering you.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

12 minutes ago, tikker said:

Well the email clearly mentions Prime, so it makes sense it is unlimited for now. Either you are a Prime customer already or that's included in the $15 trial it's offering you.

i guess nothing is truly free. money's gotta come from somewhere or some sucker....

🤨

and that $15 credit has a deadline, by dec 30 this year, in 7 days i'll have to spend more than $30 to get that $15 discount. so...... right, nothing is free.

15 minutes ago, Error 504 said:

i guess nothing is truly free. money's gotta come from somewhere or some sucker....

🤨

and that $15 credit has a deadline, by dec 30 this year, in 7 days i'll have to spend more than $30 to get that $15 discount. so...... right, nothing is free.

We don't have the saying for nothing: if something is free, you are the product.

19 hours ago, tikker said:

We don't have the saying for nothing: if something is free, you are the product.

that is so next-level of wisdom.....

• 1 month later...

If you read the words carefully, it says 5 GB for Video. Photos are unlimited I guess.

image.png.33545854e10b8f5963bea7a9d8da856a.png

13 hours ago, CoolKriss said:

If you read the words carefully, it says 5 GB for Video. Photos are unlimited I guess.

image.png.33545854e10b8f5963bea7a9d8da856a.png

ah, good catch. that's sneaky of amazon...........

Remember when google drive was unlimited until you had tons of stuff on it then they swapped it to paid and gave you a small time window to either pay up or they’d delete everything?

19 hours ago, Imbadatnames said:

Remember when google drive was unlimited until you had tons of stuff on it then they swapped it to paid and gave you a small time window to either pay up or they’d delete everything?

and that's why i still keep everything on TWO hdd's.

the only time i use anything cloud is when i need to see something at work, otherwise, anything for archive is on hdd