How to fix USB memory stick?

skljom

I have USB memory stick of 2 GB, when I insert it into PC it says that it needs formating before using the memory stick. I press format and select options for formating and press Format. After that a message apears "Windows is unable to format..." I tried different settings and it won't work, I tried formating via CMD with "format D:" commands and I've tried "Diskpart" command. None of them work.. Do you have any idea what to do next?

Hoe Hoe Hoe and a bottle of RAM © Gankplank

You can try rufus, if that doesn't work the drives probably dead

http://rufus.akeo.ie

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I have USB memory stick of 2 GB, when I insert it into PC it says that it needs formating before using the memory stick. I press format and select options for formating and press Format. After that a message apears "Windows is unable to format..." I tried different settings and it won't work, I tried formating via CMD with "format D:" commands and I've tried "Diskpart" command. None of them work.. Do you have any idea what to do next?

Google for the Hp usb disk format tool and format it with this then it should work again.

This always works for me and I saved a few sticks with this

Google for the Hp usb disk format tool and format it with this then it should work again.

This always works for me and I saved a few sticks with this

dead...

You can try rufus, if that doesn't work the drives probably dead

http://rufus.akeo.ie

it's dead.. RIP memory stick

I have the same problem, and now, I have declared it MIA or better yet, Dead. RIP 4GB Sandisk USB Stick, RIP.

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 750K @3.4 GHz || MOBO: MSI A88XM-E35 || RAM: Patriot Viper 3 4GB 1600 MHz || GPU: MSI R7770 Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition || Case: Sentey Optimus Extreme Division GS-6000R || Storage: SanDisk SDSSDP-128GB | 1TB WD Blue 7200rpm || PSU: Corsair CX430 80+ Bronze || Montitor: Acer G226HQLBbd Black 21.5" 1080p || Keybarod: CM Storm Devastator Blue || Mouse: CM Storm Devastator Blue || † TTCF Member †