Please help me build the perfect PC (money is not a concern)

Bozantium

You could simply get two of these.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i9-12900K 3.2 GHz 16-Core Processor  ($618.77 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 A-RGB 48.8 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($131.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($599.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL36 Memory  ($490.00) 
Storage: Kingston KC3000 4.096 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($1082.09 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB ROG STRIX GAMING OC Video Card  ($2100.00) 
Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500DX ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.90 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($204.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $5327.73
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-12-16 10:29 EST-0500

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

30 minutes ago, Bozantium said:

That would be excellent. I’m still having problems with my current computer and can’t fix it. The mbr is corrupted, I can’t perform a system restore, it takes forever to boot, etc. When XMP I is on and is set to 5 GHz I can actually get 5.4 GHz. But then I go to run resident evil 2 and I can’t get passed high settings. I’m so confused. My plan was to give this computer to my wife and buy myself a new one but I don’t want to give her a crappy computer.

you need bios reset i think, try reput bios battery. just my guess, i have not much experience trouble shooting for a long time

should you ask to another specific thread on here

Troubleshooting - Linus Tech Tips

maybe some one there can help you much. good luck

dont forget use premium UPS like FSP Champ Tower 2k(1000W++), maybe bad voltage at electrity system in your house

1 hour ago, Bozantium said:

Gaming. 

A 15k budget is overkill for what your doing with it. What games do you want to play and do you want to do any server things or workstation things. Be specific. 

Intel Option:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i9-12900K 3.2 GHz 16-Core Processor  ($618.77 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($158.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($289.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Team T-Force Delta RGB 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($274.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($279.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB GAMING Trinity OC Video Card  ($3098.98 @ Amazon) 
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($149.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G6 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($159.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $5031.69
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-12-16 11:40 EST-0500

AMD Option:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor  ($709.97 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($158.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG X570S TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($289.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Team T-Force Delta RGB 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($274.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($279.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB GAMING Trinity OC Video Card  ($3098.98 @ Amazon) 
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($149.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G6 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($159.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $5122.89
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-12-16 11:41 EST-0500

2 hours ago, Dreckssackblase said:

Maybe get a new drive for your Wife and install a fresh OS on there. That would take care of the MBR issue.

XMP is for memory so I'm wondering where the 5GHz number is from since that is the CPU frequency not memory. I guess it's lumped together as one setting on Intel boards ?

When you say you can't get past high settings, do you mean it crashes or does it just run poorly ?

Poorly

Thanks again, everyone. I have asked around for years and no one would take the time too help me. I’m a doctor so if you ever have a question about anything, please let me know. 

I play chess and it takes a lot of power for the neural networks to run properly. What I really want is a 64 thread system. Can I do that? 
mid anyone would like to help me on a more personal basis I can give you my cell number 

My computer can run crysis (original and remastered) as well as cyberpunk 2077 with no problem. It is just so laggy that I hate using it. I’ll give someone access to my computer if you think you can fix it

2 minutes ago, Bozantium said:

Thanks again, everyone. I have asked around for years and no one would take the time too help me. I’m a doctor so if you ever have a question about anything, please let me know. 

I play chess and it takes a lot of power for the neural networks to run properly. What I really want is a 64 thread system. Can I do that? 
mid anyone would like to help me on a more personal basis I can give you my cell number 

Is your chess software able to leverage GPU resources for neural net processing? If so, you may want to consider a dual GPU system rather than a high core count cpu.

9 minutes ago, brob said:

Is your chess software able to leverage GPU resources for neural net processing? If so, you may want to consider a dual GPU system rather than a high core count cpu.

thats what i need. You got it exactly right. Here is a link about the processing power of the TCEC (Top Computer Engine Championship) https://wiki.chessdom.org/TCEC_Season_Further_information

You need to be considering Intel HEDT and AMD Threadripper systems. These platforms are more suited to hosting multiple gpu suitable for neural network processing. Offerings are currently a little dated. New cpu and likely motherboards are expected in 2022.

10 minutes ago, brob said:

You need to be considering Intel HEDT and AMD Threadripper systems. These platforms are more suited to hosting multiple gpu suitable for neural network processing. Offerings are currently a little dated. New cpu and likely motherboards are expected in 2022.

So I should wait? I know this sounds sarcastic but i appreciate the candor.

1 hour ago, Bozantium said:

So I should wait? I know this sounds sarcastic but i appreciate the candor.

I can't really answer that question. You can buy now and have a decent system. If you wait things may not change for some time. Or, new higher performance cpu get introduced supporting ddr5 and, in the case of Intel PCIe 4.0. How much new cpu and motherboards might affect gaming performance is an open question. At competitive levels it's been my experience that even small increments can make a difference.