Need some help with an upgrade

Gin.San

Budget (including currency): 1000-1300£

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mainly games, MMO's and such.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

Hi I would love to get some recommendations for upgrading my PC, specifically motherboard, CPU, ram and cooling for the CPU. I have a NZXT H440 case which I like to use, and I'm not quite sure what motherboard will fit plus the cooling. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated :))

24 minutes ago, Gin.San said:

Budget (including currency): 1000-1300£

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mainly games, MMO's and such.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

Hi I would love to get some recommendations for upgrading my PC, specifically motherboard, CPU, ram and cooling for the CPU. I have a NZXT H440 case which I like to use, and I'm not quite sure what motherboard will fit plus the cooling. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated :))

What are you coming from, and what GPU are you currently using?

48 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

What are you coming from, and what GPU are you currently using?

Currently I'm with Asus X99-A II, Intel I7 6850K,  32gb ram (but it's a slow one I forgot exactly what brand it was), the GPU is RTX 2080ti, Aoi cooling for the CPU. 

39 minutes ago, Gin.San said:

Currently I'm with Asus X99-A II, Intel I7 6850K,  32gb ram (but it's a slow one I forgot exactly what brand it was), the GPU is RTX 2080ti, Aoi cooling for the CPU. 

OK, if you can wait for the start of next year, next gen Ryzen and more Alder lake chips will be releasing. It will give you more options, plus let you save on the motherboards a bit and wait for DDR5 to be in stock.

However, if you can't wait, this is what I'd probably get.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/q8ChsX

It's an Alder lake platform that should be great for whatever you need (as long as you're not playing retro games). Just make sure you've got a really good power supply, that CPU sucks back a ton of power.