Microsoft edge randomly opens in task manager?

Tobbebebbee

When using my computer (Mainly playing games) I started getting quite severe lag spikes for no apparent reason about a month ago now. After some "troubleshooting" I have found that every time I get a lagspike Microsoft Edge opens in Task manager, only in task manager, the browser never opens. It randomly happens and I have no clue what is triggering it, I have tried my best searching for a solution but I haven't been able to find anything. 

Microsoft Edge is disabled in startup from task manager and the regedit, I think, and I never use it normally. It is also not open in task manager before or after the lagspikes happen.

Is this a common occurrence with a simple solution?

That is strange behavior.  I have never heard of such a thing before.  Finding out why edge tries to open would be issue one.  I might try running antimalware stuff to see if something nefarious is trying to open it. This may have to do with the way you attempted to lock out Microsoft edge regedit tends to cause problems which this qualifies as.  I have also never heard of someone successfully locking out edge so your method of doing this (which I also do not know) may be the root cause. 

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

That sounds like a good idea, I will run a full scan with bitdefender now just to make sure.