Windows 10 automatically locking after about 20 minutes (not power settings)

Torsvik

I need some help figuring out why I have to login to windows after about 20 minutes of idle time

I have a laptop with closed lid on a dock connected to two displays. 

I have set all the power options to never turn off any screens nor go to sleep.

This is working as screen 1 never turns off and screen 2 just goes black from being on the lock-screen

This is on a work computer logged in with a Microsoft Office 365, Exchange account. I do have local administrator privileges

I have tried looking in the group policy manager but I'm not very familiar with this.

any help appreciated 🙂  

1 minute ago, bamiller1018 said:

image.png

The computer never goes into sleep or turn off any screens

Interesting, just goes to lock screen. May I ask, is this a personal machine or a work machine? If it's the later, can't help you much. If it is the former, do you get a lock screen, or just a login prompt? If so, do you have to press ctrl + alt + del to get said prompt? Hope this doesn't sound condescending. It can be hard to gage motive or expression with written language.  At least for myself. Then again, I could just be paranoid. LoL...

Could you send me some screenshots of the problem? Press ctrl + prtsc and you should be able to paste the screen capture into paint.

Thank you,

Shalom!

FYI: the solution I provided is for Windows lock screen and should work for your problem. If it doesn't, could be more serious. Could your PC be infected with ransomware? G-d forbid, hope to hear back from you soon. Sorry it took so long for me to respond. It has been a busy couple of days.

Shalom!

Its a work machine. Think I might have solved it with Groupe policy changes

Thank you for the help tho 🙂