Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help with Commander Core XT

DoctorSpazz

Hello everyone, 

I recently upgraded from a commander pro to a commander core xt to help minimize the cable clutter in my case. 

I have seven corsair LL 120 fans. Six of them are connected into the CC-XT and those work fine. However, I am having issues getting lighting control for my seventh fan. 

My 7th fan is getting power form a “chassis fan,” header on my mother board and it spins but no lighting control. I have the left over components from the commander pro and peripherals that came with the LL 120 fan 3 pack but I have had no luck getting lighting control to my seventh fan despite several attempts. 

I thought that by plugging in the corsairs rgb hub, into the CC-XT and into sata power that would be enough to give me lighting control but I guess not. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you 

1 hour ago, DoctorSpazz said:

Hello everyone, 

I recently upgraded from a commander pro to a commander core xt to help minimize the cable clutter in my case. 

I have seven corsair LL 120 fans. Six of them are connected into the CC-XT and those work fine. However, I am having issues getting lighting control for my seventh fan. 

My 7th fan is getting power form a “chassis fan,” header on my mother board and it spins but no lighting control. I have the left over components from the commander pro and peripherals that came with the LL 120 fan 3 pack but I have had no luck getting lighting control to my seventh fan despite several attempts. 

I thought that by plugging in the corsairs rgb hub, into the CC-XT and into sata power that would be enough to give me lighting control but I guess not. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you 

the commander core can only do 6 fans... if you want the 7 fan use your pro controller or buy another controller. if you just want it to light up you can buy a spliter cable.

could also make your own cable or hook the huib to the core too if thats what your asking.

Edited by thrasher_565

1 minute ago, thrasher_565 said:

the commander core can only do 6 fans... if you want the 7 fan use your pro controller or buy another controller. if you just want it to light up you can buy a spliter cable.

I am aware the XT can only do 6 fans. What I am surprised about is that when I connect my lighting node core to the 3pin rgb header on the XT and then connect my 7th fan to this rgb hub, it does not work. 

Perhaps it matters on which slots I connect the fan to the hub.  

5 minutes ago, DoctorSpazz said:

I am aware the XT can only do 6 fans. What I am surprised about is that when I connect my lighting node core to the 3pin rgb header on the XT and then connect my 7th fan to this rgb hub, it does not work. 

Perhaps it matters on which slots I connect the fan to the hub.  

im not aware of any 3 pin connectors on the core i thought there all 4pin?...

57 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

oh i looked in to it and there is a 3pin rgb port and according to this you can plug in the hub to it... im guessing its the software side on how to control it?

https://forum.corsair.com/gallery/image/1217-00022-commander-core-xt/

this is what I did the first time but it didn’t work. I will try to swap around which port on the rgb hub I plug my 7th fan into and see if that works. 

2 hours ago, DoctorSpazz said:

this is what I did the first time but it didn’t work. I will try to swap around which port on the rgb hub I plug my 7th fan into and see if that works. 

It turns out that the orientation in which you plug in additional RGB elements into the hub matters. Previously lighting configuration did not show up when I had the 7th fan plugged into port #4 on the hub but when I plugged it into #1 it worked 

Ok so yes the a lighting node or basic rgb controller should be able to be connected to the commander core/xt. Which it seems you have done this. In icue did you tell it that you connected a lighting core/ rgb controller to that port on the commander? It under the same options for selecting which fans you are using. 

11 hours ago, DoctorSpazz said:

oh on the hub i think it need for 1-6 so in slot 1