Volta Style Cable Compatibility with Razer Naga Pro

cichington
Go to solution Solved by cichington,

Received my Volta Cable today and I can confirm that it does NOT fit the Razer Naga Pro. It appears the only Micro-USB cable that will fit is the one that is included in the box.  

Hey all, I recently bit the bullet and went full wireless for my mouse and keyboard (Highly Recommend).  I picked up a Razer Naga Pro, and a Razer Blackwidow V3 Pro during Cyber Monday. Unfortunately, the Naga Pro use Micro USB, and the Blackwidow uses USB C for charging. To keep the clean aesthetic, I wanted to only have one cable visible to charge both of them if needed.  I was wanting to go with Volta Style Cable and just keep the small magnetic plugs in the peripherals however the Naga Pro has very little clearance where the cable plugs into the mouse.  Has anyone used one of these and if so does it fit? Another option would be to get a Micro USB to USB C adapter, but that would not be ideal as those adapters tend to be a little chunky for my liking.

Any advice or input on the matter would be great!

Here's a picture of the charging port on the Naga Pro for reference:

IMG_4407.thumb.jpg.3a1c32c6b480650818633a63cf3ba3d9.jpg

Setup

CPU: i7 10700K Cooled By Corsair iCUE H100i Elite Capellix White Edition | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 VISION OC | MOBO: MSI MPG Z490M |

MEMORY: 32 GBs of Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB White CASE: White Lian Li O11 Dynamic Mini PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 W SFX | 

STORAGE: 2 TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD & 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 MONITOR: ASUS TUF VG27WQ1B 

PERIPHERALS: Razer Blackwidow V3 W/ Yellow Switches and Logitech G604 | OTHER: 8x White Corsair iCue QL120 and White Cable Extensions 

Add me on Steam!

i have a similar cable from goobay, but just from marketing materials i doubt it's gonna be narrower.

1 hour ago, manikyath said:

i have a similar cable from goobay, but just from marketing materials i doubt it's gonna be narrower.

i just realised i'm a bit of an idiot... there's a simple way of finding out if it fits..

@cichingtonmind measuring the width of that slot?

width of my goobay cable is 10.6mm (or about 0.42 inches in freedom units)

although it appears th eone i have is EOL, it's replacements dont seem any wider.

1 hour ago, manikyath said:

i just realised i'm a bit of an idiot... there's a simple way of finding out if it fits..

@cichingtonmind measuring the width of that slot?

width of my goobay cable is 10.6mm (or about 0.42 inches in freedom units)

although it appears th eone i have is EOL, it's replacements dont seem any wider.

Using a freedom tape measure I got 7/16" or about .4375" or 11.1125mm. This is rounding down to account for some small indentations in the slot so I think it will work.  I think I'm going to bite the bullet and just buy it and report back here with my findings.  Stay Tuned...

Setup

CPU: i7 10700K Cooled By Corsair iCUE H100i Elite Capellix White Edition | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 VISION OC | MOBO: MSI MPG Z490M |

MEMORY: 32 GBs of Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB White CASE: White Lian Li O11 Dynamic Mini PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 W SFX | 

STORAGE: 2 TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD & 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 MONITOR: ASUS TUF VG27WQ1B 

PERIPHERALS: Razer Blackwidow V3 W/ Yellow Switches and Logitech G604 | OTHER: 8x White Corsair iCue QL120 and White Cable Extensions 

Add me on Steam!

43 minutes ago, cichington said:

Using a freedom tape measure I got 7/16" or about .4375" or 11.1125mm. This is rounding down to account for some small indentations in the slot so I think it will work.  I think I'm going to bite the bullet and just buy it and report back here with my findings.  Stay Tuned...

pro money saving tip.. dont buy from those 'special cable' brands, but buy the 'knockoffs' from the likes of goobay, chances are you're cutting cost in half, and it's basicly the same cable.

• 2 weeks later...

Received my Volta Cable today and I can confirm that it does NOT fit the Razer Naga Pro. It appears the only Micro-USB cable that will fit is the one that is included in the box.  

Setup

Add me on Steam!