Need help picking a monitor for a RTX 3060 TI

oi you

After shopping around, it really boiled down to 2 within my price brice budget of $600-800. My current 1080x720 75hz monitor was already showing quite a bit of tearing when I was limit testing my GPU so I figured I would like a replacement, and the best one I could get while I'm at it.

https://www.tomshardware.com/features/acer-predator-XB273U-gs

and 

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/msi/optix-mag274qrf-qd

Personally I don't think I play enough competitive for speed to matter more over picture quality but I would also not like to "notice" it if it was slow (and maybe I do want to play them in the future). I'm hoping this budget should be enough to get something that has both qualities with a bit more focus to image quality, from the sound of it is doable with what they call Fast IPS nowadays?

And as an extra, how does https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/asus/rog-strix-xg279q compare to the other 2 in terms of performance (ignoring the out-of-budget price). Just coz I kinda have a RoG setup already, and might consider saving a bit more to fit the theme for aesthetics if the price is  also somewhat justified by the performance (not going to pay purely for the name if the difference is too insignificant though).

3 minutes ago, ahmad13610 said:

acer xb273u 2k 144hz(1st)

MSI MAG272CQR(2nd)

aoc cq27g2s(3rd)

is that acer the same one as i was looking at? i don't quite understand the different suffixes some of these brands have at the end of a number, in the case of the acer there was GS and GX

The MSI MAG274QRF-QD is as good as it gets before getting into HDR monitors. (which would add another $1000 on top of your budget) It's the best overall 27" 1440p 144Hz+ monitor.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Consider other sized displays, there are some good choices within ur budget like:

Samsung Odyssey G7 32" 16:9

Dell S3422DWG 34" ultrawide

For 27" 16:9

MSi MAG274QRF-QD

Gigabyte AORUS FI27Q-X

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

hmmm,

7 hours ago, SolarNova said:

Consider other sized displays, there are some good choices within ur budget like:

Samsung Odyssey G7 32" 16:9

Dell S3422DWG 34" ultrawide

For 27" 16:9

MSi MAG274QRF-QD

Gigabyte AORUS FI27Q-X

the odyssey sounds really good after reading about it but how does curved screen affect your experience in general? from the sound of it, hardware unboxed didn't quite like it but if it's not a  big issue I could live with it considering the other positive aspects

15 hours ago, oi you said:

the odyssey sounds really good after reading about it but how does curved screen affect your experience in general?

Cant say from experience, dont have one that curved.

I picked out a Dell S3220DGF which has a 1800r curve for my father a while back and he doesnt notice it, and tbh neither do I, however a 1000R curve is quite a bit more noticeable. I'd expect u'd get used to it. It would only be a problem if the display was used for picture editing where u'd want to be able to see straight lines.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

On 12/8/2021 at 12:52 AM, oi you said:

hmmm,

the odyssey sounds really good after reading about it but how does curved screen affect your experience in general? from the sound of it, hardware unboxed didn't quite like it but if it's not a  big issue I could live with it considering the other positive aspects

It was one of the reasons why i returned mine. But there are people that like it. It's subjective.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.