RTX 2070 SUPER PALIT JETSTREAM Power Issues

Tinuzzo

Hi
I have recently bought a used RTX 2070 super Palit jetstream, when I bought it was working fine with my computer, in the next few days I was forced to unplug the GPU to upgrade the CPU and motherboard, and PSU. when I upgraded the motherboard I noticed that LEDs had little intensity. after the upgrade of the PSU the light was completely powered off and it was strange and when I right-clicked on the desktop.... no Nvidia control panel.... panicked.

I tried opening the "device manager" and it's showed up perfectly with no problem on the surface but then I noticed that the fan had stopped working I tried opening GPU-z and the card showed up on the page which I sent. 

I have 2 ideas. the first one is the bios, but I tried to change it but the nvflash didn't recognize the GPU and the second one is the power issue: I suspect that there is some problem with the power connector with does not give enough energy to the GPU but I don't know how to fix it.

I tried to change the PSU, the motherboard, the fans, and operative systems I tried everything. So the only reason why I think there is a problem with the alimentation is because i installed my old gtx 1050 I plugged bad the power connector and the card di showed up in the same way as the 2070s

any suggestion? any link anything would be very helpful.
thank you so much and sorry for my English but i'm not very good at writing 

2070.gif

Will likely need specs for machine both as originally built when it worked and now as it apparently doesn’t? There does appear to be limited video card functionality because the screen can be read?  Or is the iGP on the cpu being used?  To what is the video cable plugged into?

my memory is that a 2070S needs a 650w PSU to function.  

Doing a reinstall of some type may be useful. 

Spoiler

So to repeat, to make sure I understand:

1.) bought used gpu ran with no issues

2) replaced piecemeal basically everything but the case and the drives, so effectively new machine, but with no clean install. 

machine is having problems. May be PSU related because there was a reducing visibility of LEDS (on the video card?  Not specified) 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

the pc originally was an Asus prebuilt with an i7-4400 and I tried to mount the GPU back on the old motherboard but it didn't work, the "upgraded built" is an i7-8700k on an Asus rog Maximus hero xi z390. for the screenshot, I used the igpu because the screen shows random color pixels when I plug the video cable into the GPU. The video cable is an HDMI cable. for the psu i use an Aourus p850w 

1 hour ago, Tinuzzo said:

the pc originally was an Asus prebuilt with an i7-4400 and I tried to mount the GPU back on the old motherboard but it didn't work, the "upgraded built" is an i7-8700k on an Asus rog Maximus hero xi z390. for the screenshot, I used the igpu because the screen shows random color pixels when I plug the video cable into the GPU. The video cable is an HDMI cable. for the psu i use an Aourus p850w 

Ok this is useful.

You had a 15 year old prebuil and salvaged the case.  So potentially really really awful thermals.  Thermals will want to be checked.  This could possibly be a heat problem. Still not super likely, but heat problems can be fixed.

Lots of PSU wattage on a 2 year old PSU. Could possibly be something there but I doubt it.  

8700k is an iGP chip.  (As you seem to know)

This random color pixel thing is a famous hallmark of bad video card memory.  I take it it wasn’t doing that with the 4400 then. 

This probably won’t work, but maybe pull the side panel off, and point some sort of big fan at it if you have one laying around.  A window box fan would well for example, boot the thing and see if the problem goes away.  If it does, heeeey! Heat problem!  Just figure out a way to keep your components cool and you’re good.  Probably won’t work though.  

Which means someone better than me (of which there are a whole lot) should probably be consulted. 

If it doesn’t work the only thing I know to do is fire the parts cannon. (Which is why I say ask someone else first)  Motherboard first, probably. They’re cheaper and easier to get ahold of than video cards these days. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

hi guys sorry for taking soo long to reply angain but here what are my conclusion: 

i think it's a memory problem and tomorrow i will take my gpu to a local repair service here in Milan and i will see what they are going to say  about my gpu. i will keep you updated